Missing Puppy

Help Support CattleToday:

FarmGirl10

Reaction score
My puppy Buckshot (Beagle/Fiest cross) came up missing this morning. My mom was supposed to watch him when i had class (I was gone for about an hour and fifteen minutes). When she was supposed to be keeping an eye on him he came up missing, so she called me and on my way home i stopped at my brothers house to see if he was there. WHich he wasn't (my brothers gonna keep an eye our for him) and i checked out all of the barns at my house, still didn't find him. It's really cold out and there's snow on the ground, do you think he's decided to keep warm and fell asleep in a little hole somewhere, or do you thinks he's gone for good? :(

Neighbors dog ran off the 4th of july cause she didn;t like fireworks. He checked around and nobody had seen her. I have some friends that are 12 miles form here. A couple of days after she disappeared a neighbor of his called and asked if he knew who the dog belonged to. He gave me a call since the neighbors weren;t home that day and sure enough it was her. Unless stolen, picked up by someone as a stray, or smushed by a car it's probably around somewhere. Depending on it's age it could have traveled a good distance.

I have had dogs take off for days and come back later. You need to post pictures of him. Maybe someone's found him. I don't know how rural you are, but if there is an animal shelter near, look there, too. Don't give up hope yet. I just had a lady come here looking for her dog. I told her that I'd run him home if I see him.

FarmGirl10":4o37e6oz said:
My puppy Buckshot (Beagle/Fiest cross) came up missing this morning. My mom was supposed to watch him when i had class (I was gone for about an hour and fifteen minutes). When she was supposed to be keeping an eye on him he came up missing, so she called me and on my way home i stopped at my brothers house to see if he was there. WHich he wasn't (my brothers gonna keep an eye our for him) and i checked out all of the barns at my house, still didn't find him. It's really cold out and there's snow on the ground, do you think he's decided to keep warm and fell asleep in a little hole somewhere, or do you thinks he's gone for good? :(

I had a cat disappear several years back. He was gone for 2 weeks, then one day I found him curled up asleep on the back porch. Keep the faith, and don't give up hope just yet. He will probably show up in good time. Meanwhile, paper your surroundings with posters, keep looking for him, check with local shelters, and check the classifieds - people who find strays will usually either take them to the shelter, or run an ad. Please don't forget to let us know what happens? Thanks, and I wish you the very best with your puppy. :)

He's a beagle...and he may have gone hunting. He may very well bring you back a prize you might rather not have.

Flip side...I remember his picture. He is a cute little one...someone may have picked him up and kept him. I know that doesn't make you want him back any less, but if someone picked him up, you can believe that he's being taken care of.

I'm soooo sorry this happened. I live on a farm that's at the end of a county road and I still keep my babies behind a wooden privace fence. Yeah, I get razzed about it, and they would be happier if I let them run, but the thought of them not coming home is more than I can bear.

I'm not dissing the way you took care of Buckshot...I'm not saying you needed to have kept him behind a fence. I'm just saying that I know how you feel...bless your heart...

Alice

I had my female Aussie get lost. she and my male went hunting last spring. He came back and she did not.

Made an 8 mile radius from the house and went looking. Put lots of flyers up and went around and talked to everyone I could.

She was gone for 3 weeks and when I finally found her, had crossed several highways. Thank God she was not in heat at the time. She was thin and not in good shape but she recovered very well.

Only Advice I can give you:

Just pound the pavement and woods keep looking and follow all leads even if most turn out to be false leads. Never give up.

A friend of mine lost his lab while he travelled through a strange town (long story). He searched and searched, but he only found the empty crate the dog was in. He went home and got his sleeping bag and laid it out next to the crate. The next morning, he went back to the crate and there was his dog, curled up on the sleeping bag.

Maybe you could put one of your dirty shirts or blankets out in a favorite spot. Maybe he can pick up the scent and come back.

We ended up finding him down at my brothers house (my parents have two adjoining farms & my brother and his wife live at the other). He must have been sleeping in the barn when i went looking for him.....I never thought to look on the seat of the skidloader :roll: (I know he was there because he left footprints leading to the seat and left a bone on it). Well when I found him he was trying to round up some of my brothers steers. :D He's been taking lessons from my Aussie.

Alice - He's normally fenced in when I'm not out with him, but my mom said she had work to do outside and that she would watch him when I went to class.

Thanks Everybody.

FarmGirl10":2hg9ues7 said:
We ended up finding him down at my brothers house (my parents have two adjoining farms & my brother and his wife live at the other). He must have been sleeping in the barn when i went looking for him.....I never thought to look on the seat of the skidloader :roll: (I know he was there because he left footprints leading to the seat and left a bone on it). Well when I found him he was trying to round up some of my brothers steers. :D He's been taking lessons from my Aussie.

Alice - He's normally fenced in when I'm not out with him, but my mom said she had work to do outside and that she would watch him when I went to class.

Thanks Everybody.

WoooooHoooooo! Talk about a fantastic Christmas present!

I'm so glad you have your baby back... :heart:

Alice