Mini Excavator

Help Support CattleToday:

ERNIBIGB

Reaction score
I think I "need" to buy a good used Mini Excavator just to use around the farm but I can't seem to figure out when I would have time to do all the work I could find for it. The more I consider it the more I think "yea another tool just means more work". Anybody got one or any experiences to share.

I have owned more than one. If you have a particular job to do hire it done. With no experience will cost you more than it would to hire it done. If you think you want one to own, rent one first to make sure it will do what you expect it to do.

Have had lots of experience operating all types of heavy equipment. Thats probably why I would like to own one. Afraid if I rented one I'd never find a place to quit and take it back. I would want something in the 15,000lb class. Not too big to move short distance and not so small as to just make mad at it. Got enough work around here to wear out a decent used machine.

ERNIBIGB":ls0qjs09 said:
Have had lots of experience operating all types of heavy equipment. That's probably why I would like to own one. Afraid if I rented one I'd never find a place to quit and take it back. I would want something in the 15,000lb class. Not too big to move short distance and not so small as to just make mad at it. Got enough work around here to wear out a decent used machine.
A mini excavator is not versatile enough for farm use. They move at at a snails pace when going from one place to another. A backhoe would be a lot more useful. Mini excavators are popular because of ease of transportation. About all you can do is dig a ditch or hole. Using the small blade on front is a slow process.

Latest posts