Mineral feeder

Help Support CattleToday:

got_cows?

Reaction score
Here's one of our mineral feeders we bought at an auction. Each skid on the bottom has a chain so we can hook it up to the tractor and move it around. The inside part is split into two sections. It easily holds 100 lbs. of loose mineral.

mineralfeederSmall.jpg

What did those run at auction?

Local FFA is building some from rough sawed lumber similair to that for $100.

I just bought 2 almost identical to that one from our local FFA chapter my son is in. $65 for one $75 for the second one. Figured it be cheaper to buy 2 and not have to move them around as much.

I think they were between $25 and $30/each. That was a couple years ago. All three have held up really well.

Our local FFA Chapter is showing a feeder now, can be used for feed or mineral, we are buyin it when they are finished showin it. LOL I'm with them now , just showed in San Antonio, where they gotta blue ribbon on it, and will show in San Angelo, and Houston, then our county fair, then we'll get to bring it home to use after that. Here's a pic of it.

2006-02-09-006.jpg

It's a biggun, 4ft x 8ft

Nice Jersey lil!

Watch out, I have a pic now. Being a woodworker has it's advantages - and so does having cypress, you don't even have to finish it.

That thing's too pretty to put out in my field, cows would be scared of it! Now if you take a sledge hammer to that roof, some burnt motor oil to the sides, and let the cows "paint" it, then it might fit in around here.

cfpinz

I know it's perdy, that's what I told the kids when they were stainin it and puttin the polyurethane on it. Too perdy to put in the pasture.

That's why when we get it to the pasture we'll be puttin a piece of pipe across each side, to keep em from jumpin up in there. They put those on the feeder they built last year. don't know why they didn't this year.

Latest posts