Mineral Cost

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
This morning I bought 200 lbs of the Purina wind and rain with IGR in it. I had been paying $23.00 a bag. This morning $26.99. I really wish I could mark my calfs up to have a better profit just like the feed companys, fertilizer companys and all of the rest of the companys we have to support.

What are you complaining about. Twenty-five pound bag costs $26.99 around here. Tom :cboy:

JD i talked to the purina dealer last week.an he told me that wind an rain minerals was going to go up $4 a sack.but dumb me walked out without any minerals.in almost a yr my cows have only ate maybe 50lbs of minerals.

I went over to the local feed store (owned by a buddy of mine) last Friday to pickup a couple of 50lb bags of Ultralyx minerals. When I got there, my buddy said that the price was still $18 per bag but the next shipment would be $22. I told him that I probably should buy extra. He only had 13 bags left. I was going to buy them all but he would only let me buy 6 bags cause he was going to keep other 7 bags for himself.

This price increase has got me to thinking about if I need to go back to the mixture of 50lbs of red mineral salt and 50lbs of dicalcium phosphate.

You have not seen anything yet... Just plain Salt is rumored to be going up 20.00 a Ton in September.Been ordering all the Minerals by the Ton we can get. Buy low sell low. I think the big Dawgs want to break the little man's back. Sooner or later things are going to stop. Priced any T-Posts or Field Fence lately?

Crowderfarms":2esyiocp said:
You have not seen anything yet... Just plain Salt is rumored to be going up 20.00 a Ton in September.Been ordering all the Minerals by the Ton we can get. Buy low sell low. I think the big Dawgs want to break the little man's back. Sooner or later things are going to stop. Priced any T-Posts or Field Fence lately?

Fence and posts have went plum out of sight.
Just bought 2 disk blades today $31.00 a piece. :mad: :mad:

bigbull338":14i00g1z said:
JD i talked to the purina dealer last week.an he told me that wind an rain minerals was going to go up $4 a sack.but dumb me walked out without any minerals.in almost a yr my cows have only ate maybe 50lbs of minerals.

Don't know why your mineral went up so much. Most of the ingredients have stabilized and I actually bought a lot of mono-cal for $200 a ton less this month but was told the price would go back up $200 in Sept.

Calman":1dwikdy2 said:
Crowderfarms":1dwikdy2 said:

Fence and posts have went plum out of sight.
Just bought 2 disk blades today $31.00 a piece. :mad: :mad:

A junk car will bring $375 acrost the scale so that says a lot for the price of steel! Don't see it going back down any time soon.

Latest posts