Mindy McCready

Help Support CattleToday:

Yea, I hate it for the kids especially the 10 month old she had that will never know the mom or dad thats gonna affect them for the duration of their life.

She had a troubled past and couldn't overcome the demons in her life.
I hope her children find a loving home and never have to face the life their mother did

Selfishness perfected. I feel terrible for those young boys.

Suicide is so selfish, its not the person who dies who suffers, its the survivors. I had a close relative end his life at 22 years of age. At the funeral, a friend made the comment that it never gets that bad, but it does for some. The worst part is when you no nothing and see no signs. I talked to this relative only days before, in no way did he let on that anything was wrong in his life. I and many others fought with this for a long time, still do some, what could of I done to avoid this, in this case prob nothing. sorry to hijack this thread away from mindy and her kids, but if you ever suspect anything relating to this, talk/mention something to someone.
It affects the survivors....

Jenna

Jenna you are right. It can devaste those left behind. But the person doesn't see that.
I think more times than not they could get help someway, somewhere. But they don't know that.
Many times, especially for young people, if they would just endure the problems for a while, things would get better.

On the other hand, I used to think suicide was a cowards way out. I don't think that way anymore.
One of the finest ladies I have ever known was a nurse and had cared for terminal patients and others. She had a heart of love and caring.
She was getting a few years on her and had terminal cancer and knew the suffering that lay ahead.
She went home one morning and put a bullet in her head.
That was years ago and every time I think of her I want to cry.
It is not for me to say what she did was right or wrong. I am not qualified to be her judge.

It is not for me to say what she did was right or wrong. I am not qualified to be her judge.

I totally agree, We will never be able to realize what goes through their minds when the individual decides to "pull the trigger". Regardless of circumstances, I agree, a very truly sad situation...

I really hate that we've gotten to a point where it's possible to kill yourself and have everyone say after the fact that it was drugs and alcohol. :( I mean really? have we reaaly gotten to the point where NOBODY sees a problem in the making and steps in? Are we so dependant on the government that people in our churches, our neighborhoods, our families can't step up and tell us it's time to change before it gets that bad?

It's a shame that no one could help her. This was her 3rd. time at trying to kill her self, she won't have a 4th. All you can do is hope and pray for her kids.

I don't suffer from "depression". Thank God, but have been depressed. I will spare everybody the details. I will say depression really hurts. I can't imagine how bad the pain must be to actually end your life. We all have things that get us down. Her, or anyone else that commits suicide is in a place mentally that none of us ever want to go.

Bigfoot":3n8pu4yq said:
I don't suffer from "depression". Thank God, but have been depressed. I will spare everybody the details. I will say depression really hurts. I can't imagine how bad the pain must be to actually end your life. We all have things that get us down. Her, or anyone else that commits suicide is in a place mentally that none of us ever want to go.
I agree with that. I've never had depression, but watching someone you thought never could go through it will open your eyes.

cow pollinater":1p881ua5 said:
I really hate that we've gotten to a point where it's possible to kill yourself and have everyone say after the fact that it was drugs and alcohol. :( I mean really? have we reaaly gotten to the point where NOBODY sees a problem in the making and steps in? Are we so dependant on the government that people in our churches, our neighborhoods, our families can't step up and tell us it's time to change before it gets that bad?
I had two really good friends that were the kind that were the ones you would have said never would have killed themselves and did. Alcohol or drugs were not involved at all. They were both the same age, just a few years apart when they did it.

It's really sad. I read that her 2 sons had been put into foster homes February 6th. Just too much piled on top of her.

Isomade":1rsbjeo7 said:
Bigfoot":1rsbjeo7 said:
I agree with that. I've never had depression, but watching someone you thought never could go through it will open your eyes.

After watching Dad suffer for years with Alzheimer and what it did to my mom. If I am ever diagnosed with it I will write myself a note to apply a 45 ACP. There are some things worse to put your family through IMO.

Latest posts