MikeC

Help Support CattleToday:

heather3_27

Reaction score
Hey Mike...just wondering if you ever came up with any performance data for me on the Blanco calves. I'd sure be interested to have that here at the office, so I can show people what he's doing out there in the feild.

Big news about M6 dispersing...or did you know it was coming? Have a great day! :)

Heather :)

heather3_27":3o5djz8v said:
Hey Mike...just wondering if you ever came up with any performance data for me on the Blanco calves. I'd sure be interested to have that here at the office, so I can show people what he's doing out there in the feild.

Big news about M6 dispersing...or did you know it was coming? Have a great day! :)

Just got the Charolais Journal yesterday to confirm the rumor about M6. A breeder he was closely tied with here in Alabama dispersed not long ago. Wonder what's going on? Demand is up for Char bulls. I will e-mail you something before the weekend I promise! Me and Nancy Thiel are constantly trading data.
Thanks for the check! I'll spend it wisely. ;-)

Mike... Were you at Bush's sale? I never thought about hollering at you that weekend. My family and I were on our way to FL for vacation and the weekend worked out JUST right...so we swung through to take a look at Bush's cattle. I wondered then if something was up, knowing they were closely knitted with M6. They played it well, allowing Bush's to disperse before the big dispersal.

Bruce and his family are from Eufaula, AL, which is where my Mom is from. So she and Bruce actually went to school together. If you were there, I looked very out of place, in shorts and sandals, thinking that we weren't gonna make it around the right time, then when we came by Cullman about noon, we thought we'd stop in and get a look at everything anyways and say hello to Bruce. Not a lot of high preference pedigree's, but man the cattle looked good. Great females with good udder's. Would have been a good buy to disperse some of the genetics. I think we are getting a little bound up in the Charolais breed and we some fresh genetics that don't link back to the same pedigree's. Don't get me wrong, I love the breed, but some days it's a struggle to find a bull to use, when I don't really agree with the linebreeding much. Well not that I have a problem with it, as much as I don't want to use it personally, cause I don't think in the long run it's gonna pay off.

At any rate, I could talk cattle all day... ;) Thanks for updating me on the info, I'll be looking forward to getting that information. :)

Do you think the purebred demand is up for Char bull...or the commercial? I see a lot of commercial guys using the Char bulls, or wanting to around this area, but always afraid of the birth weight. And you try to explain to them that it isn't the "old-time" charolais anymore...the birth weight isn't as MUCH of a factor. But some days it's tough. I know you have more breeders in your area...so I was just curious as to what it's doing down there. Have a great day! :)

And glad you are getting checks in a timely fashion. That is one thing we strive to do is take care of our bull owners that take care of our semen inventories. We have heard horror stories from other owners regarding other companies and the lapse in time it takes to get their royalties...so we strive to get those checks out, every quarter as quick as possible. I'll pass your thanks along to Patty, she cuts the checks!! ;)

My email, by the way, in case you don't still have it is: [email protected]

Thanks again!

Latest posts