Might I be a redneck?

Help Support CattleToday:

grulla

Reaction score
Ok, here in FL, it's been real wet...today when I was drivin' back from the feed store to replace all my feed that got wet from the storm, I saw a critter walkin' down the road..got closer and saw it was a 3 ft gator...well, I did try to miss him, but he turned at the last minute and I ran him over...truck right on my tail and so by the time I could get turned around, he had flopped down into the ditch...I'm sure I was a purty sight, down near the ditch in my fro-fro shoes and my pink shirt. So the question is, do you think I might be a redneck if I TRIED to eat road-kill? :D

Also a redneck would never start out like "might I be" It would be more like "reckon I'ma redneck?"

What in the heck are Fro Fro shoes?

Pink shirt?

Cook up a piece of that critter and let's have a try.

I guess I live too far back in the woods.

Bez

Bama":38hqieb1 said:
Also a redneck would never start out like "might I be" It would be more like "reckon I'ma redneck?"

Beefy":38hqieb1 said:
exactly! i was like "umm..no." before i even read it.

I reckon so.

msscamp":fl3zgwx2 said:
Bama":fl3zgwx2 said:
Fresh "kilt" don't count, a week old maybe.

Ewwwww! That's just gross! Yuck, even!

I got me a young rattler the other day. When I got there he was still squirmin. Cooked up purty good. Girls ain't wild about it .. not the road kill I'm talking about eatin rattler.

Wewild":1dlde4qg said:
msscamp":1dlde4qg said:
Bama":1dlde4qg said:
Fresh "kilt" don't count, a week old maybe.

Ewwwww! That's just gross! Yuck, even!

I got me a young rattler the other day. When I got there he was still squirmin. Cooked up purty good. Girls ain't wild about it .. not the road kill I'm talking about eatin rattler.

Rattlers taste like chicken! Road kill is one thing, but week old road kill is something else entirely!

Eating long dead animals:

If the skin on a reptile does not slip when rubbed - usually safe to eat.

If the hair on a critter does not slip when rubbed - usually safe to eat.

Have eaten some pretty strange things in some parts of the world - I think the worst would have to be raw reptile eggs in some sort of hot sauce.

The leathery shell was a bit chewy but they were good when they were just egg inside - I hated it when the little bones went crunch, crunch. A bit too developed for my liking.

Bez

Bez":ctivw1ae said:

Have eaten some pretty strange things in some parts of the world - I think the worst would have to be raw reptile eggs in some sort of hot sauce.

The leathery shell was a bit chewy but they were good when they were just egg inside - I hated it when the little bones went crunch, crunch. A bit too developed for my liking.

Bez

Ok, you got me. Excuse me while I go barf!! :( :p

grulla":364dyqlr said:
Ok, here in FL, it's been real wet...today when I was drivin' back from the feed store to replace all my feed that got wet from the storm, I saw a critter walkin' down the road..got closer and saw it was a 3 ft gator...well, I did try to miss him, but he turned at the last minute and I ran him over...truck right on my tail and so by the time I could get turned around, he had flopped down into the ditch...I'm sure I was a purty sight, down near the ditch in my fro-fro shoes and my pink shirt. So the question is, do you think I might be a redneck if I TRIED to eat road-kill? :D
OK, First of all, A true Redneck would never admit to owning fro-fro shoes,(whatever they are) and Never fess up to owning a pink shirt.To let a good Gator tail go to waste, I think you answered your own question. :lol:

Bez":pta1kqp4 said:

Bez

Allright Bez let me see if I got this down you will eat snake eggs but not frog legs.

:lol:

CB: I was in a hot and dark jungle - I have eaten some things that I would never consider eating again - but when you are truly hungry, almost anything will go down the gullet.

Bez

The other thing that is wrong is you "tried to miss him". What self respecting redneck would try to miss a prefectly good gator walking across the road? I mean this is road kill oppurtunity and oppurtunity only knocks just so often.
Dave

Anytime I see a dead deer on the side of the road, first thing I do is get out and stick a knife in it and see how fresh the blood is. Hate to see good meat go to waste!

And a 3' gator.....that would make a heck of a pond pet! Sure would take care of the damn snappers too!

Ok..fro fro shoes are girlie high heels...I had to go by the bank and talk about a loan after I got feed....and a pink shirt...well I am a female after all!!! Besides, I had this real cute hat when I was younger and wilder and I had hot pink feathers trailin' down from the hat band.....went back that way today...either somebody else got 'im, or he floated down the creek...didn't see any buzzards... Couple of years back my husband shot one, and I went in after him...in a flooded pasture in cow sh... water, a little over waist high, and just as I reached out for his foot, he came to....husband only stunned him... I was screamin' SHOOT HIM SHOOT HIM... he couldn't 'cause the idiot was laughin' too hard. Had to wrap my hands around a ticked off, hurt gator, and schlep him back to land to finish him off....didn't speak to my husband for a while after that

Latest posts