Michael Phelps

Help Support CattleToday:

bandit80

Reaction score
Don't know if anyone else watches the olympics, but I have been tuning in the last couple of evenings after my evening chores are done. He is now participated in 5 events, with 5 gold medals. 3 events remaining. That guy is simply amazing.

bandit80":2aink32q said:
Don't know if anyone else watches the olympics, but I have been tuning in the last couple of evenings after my evening chores are done. He is now participated in 5 events, with 5 gold medals. 3 events remaining. That guy is simply amazing.

Bandit I've been "amazed" by this young man as well. Unbelievable....Enjoyed watching a short clip on how much he ate everyday....8000 to 10000 calories every day....that was one huge table full of food.

Funny. That's about how much I was eating a day before my wife got on my case. It didn't seem to work for me as well as it is for him though.

ChrisB":2odfxvsc said:
Funny. That's about how much I was eating a day before my wife got on my case. It didn't seem to work for me as well as it is for him though.
Chris...same here...I can't swim like that but takes little effort to float. :lol:

My little man (9 yrs old) Was getting a little chunkey. He didn't want to play ball,so my wife mention swim team. He jumped right on that. Good night,they had him eating me out of house and home. said he needed the carbs and calories and all that stuff to keep up his strenth up .I belive he gained 8 lbs. We thought he'd loose a little weight, not gain it.So I guess thats why Michael phelps eats so much? Any how. If swimming is on,were watching them.

Has anyone noticed how short his legs are compared to his 6'6 frame? I guess God built him to swim haha. Another American swimmer is 6'8 with an 6'11 wingspan....he is also built to swim. I think his name is Grevers?

not to mention his size 14 "paddle" feet... ha. You are right.. they are built for swimming.

Beef08":3p58a0vs said:
Has anyone noticed how short his legs are compared to his 6'6 frame? I guess God built him to swim haha. Another American swimmer is 6'8 with an 6'11 wingspan....he is also built to swim. I think his name is Grevers?

Was watching last night, and they said he had the legs of a 6'0" man, but the trunk of a man who is 6'8". He also has a 6'7" wing span. He really does look misproportioned, but I would take that if I could win that many gold medals to.

Well he is 7 for 7 now lets see if he can do it tomorrow night. He eats 12,000 caleries a day. A pound of pasta for lunch and supper each and 2000 caleries of energy drinks at meals. Eggs pancakes bacon and every breakfast food imaginable. He spends somewhere between 5 and 7 hours a day in the water swimming and training. He has the legs of someone 6 foot tall but the torso of someone 6'8" he has double jointed knees and elbows a 6'7" wingspan size 14 feet and hands the size of dinnerplates. His torso is also triangle shape and has small hips so he tapers down from the shoulders. Well he cut the last race he had tonight a little close by only winning by 1 one hundreth of a second so .01 second is what he won by but the other swimmer he jsut barely beat was protesting it so we will see what happens. He is an amazing athlete.

iowafarmer":3by1d0au said:
Well he cut the last race he had tonight a little close by only winning by 1 one hundreth of a second so .01 second is what he won by but the other swimmer he jsut barely beat was protesting it so we will see what happens. He is an amazing athlete.

He got lucky on that one. Other swimmer had him beat but he was in a bad position and had to glide to the wall. Can't really argue with the touch pads.

yep pretty durn amazing if you ask me. All but one he borke world records wich is real;ly amazing. he is quite the athlete with 14 gold medals total and 16 total medals 8 gold medals jsut this year. Yep thats one for the record books for sure. :tiphat: :clap: :clap:

My wife said she was getting nervous when they were swimming the final relay. I was happy for them, Go USA.

Sure is captivating. His 'quest' is the only part of the Olympics I have watched. I mean I went from hearing about him at lunch with some buddies to jumping up and down at the final race screaming certain words to cheer on the USA!