MF 1040

Help Support CattleToday:

Medic24

Reaction score
Uh oh.........may have made a terrible mistake this past summer by picking up a used MF 1040, have been looking in catalogs, the net, etc, for parts and such, and find that they are very hard to come by, not being listed in 90% of the manuals and parts catalogs.................me thinks I may have purchased a hard maintain and repair machine.

What I can tell is, this tractor was only manufacuted for two years 1984-86, and has a reputation for having a weak clutch, although not yet apparent...............

Anyone have any experience with this particulair model, and if so....any good dealer for parts?

Thanks!

Contact AGCO and you can purchase a shop manuel also there is not much to buy on the repair side you can't get done using other facalities . You are bound to have someone in your area that rebuilds clutches. Mine went out on my Massey after 24 years should have still been under warranty, Massey wanted like 600 bucks had it rebuilt for a couple of hundred.

If you do have problems with the clutch, get ahold of South Bend Clutch. http://www.southbendclutch.com/ They don't list ag clutches on their website, but you send them a worn out clutch and pressure plate, they'll replace the linings with extremely high quality ones (depending on the application, they'll be a ferramic or an organic/kevlar), and if the clutch is truly an issue, they may be able to work on your pressure plate to improve plate loads.

Rod

Latest posts