Meyer 734

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirlxupx1034

Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture of Meyer 734 or does anyone know who bred him and a link to the farm/ranch that bred him?

Pardon my ignorance, but what breed is he? I would guess simmental, but he looks more like a holstein herefordcross to me. I wouldn't pay $6 for a straw.

cowgirlxupx1034":oc9speyj said:
I wanted to know because the steer that I'm showing this year is one of his grandsons.

Yep, along with most everything else in the clubby world too. Most claim to have daughters out of him too. Not sure I believe most folks on that one. But I reckon it is possible.

KNERSIE I agree! He is about the ugliest bull around, but I have seen some awesome daughters. BUT, I've been told that there are more "duds" out of him than there are greats.
He was bred on Meyers Ranch. I believe Don C at SEK was the original promoter of the bull. They didn't realize he was "so good" til he was dead.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":7fltocnn said:
KNERSIE I agree! He is about the ugliest bull around, but I have seen some awesome daughters. BUT, I've been told that there are more "duds" out of him than there are greats.
He was bred on Meyers Ranch. I believe Don C at SEK was the original promoter of the bull. They didn't realize he was "so good" til he was dead.

His daughters are very highly sought after in the club calf world! Curious how is he viewed amongst the Simmental Breeders. Was he used much with you guys or is he exclusive to the Club calf crowd?

I must say I have seen some pretty nice looking heifer from him, but who knows how many bad ones there were. I have never seen a good steer from him and for as popular as he is and as many people that have used him you would think there would be more great bulls from him. There are a few good ones but not as many as I would think.

Never had anything out of him myself, and he's not a looker, but I've seen several VERY nice daughters/granddaughters.

*Cowgirl*":2y21hp5r said:
Never had anything out of him myself, and he's not a looker, but I've seen several VERY nice daughters/granddaughters.

Yep bred to a good soggy made Angus or Maine cow he sure can throw some pretty ones!

Don Coover with SEK said he attained his popularity after his daughters started producing show-winning steers. People started noticing that top winning clubby steers were out of daughters of him, so his daughters started earning a reputation in the clubby world.
He is used in the PB lines also, but more in the % cattle. I plan on trying one of his sons 3C Macho - plan on breeding him to a couple of my Macho daughters :D
Don Coover signed up my bull because he thinks he's going to be the next 734, so I'm blending the two bloodlines. Long haul proving a bull, but we finally have daughters in production and they are all we could ask for in a female.

KNERSIE:

Pardon my ignorance, but what breed is he? I would guess simmental, but he looks more like a holstein herefordcross to me. I wouldn't pay $6 for a straw.

I personally would pay $600 for his semen b/c all the calves I have had out of him have been heifers, except for one bull who ended up having some pretty rockin calves and the heifers haven't been doing to bad themselves. Everything I have ever seen out of him have been awesome cows and he has had a great show career with his calves. Basically you judging the bull for his looks, not what he is producing. Look at lucky Dice . . . he looks like he would throw black calves, most calves I have seen out of him, besides a handful have been marked up like crazy. Sometimes you have to look beyond what the bull looks like and what he has the potential to produce.

Latest posts