Meyer 734 sons???

Help Support CattleToday:

JR Cattle Co.

Reaction score
I am planning on breeding a few of my older cows to Meyer bred bulls to get some replacements. Any thoughts or favorites on what meyer sons to use?? Thanks

The two I've heard the most about are Carney Man and 3C Picasso. Both can be found at SEK Genetics website.

Thanks for the feedback, but I thought Carney Man was a Maine bull. I lik Picasso, does anyone have any pics of some of his calves???

Probably the most popular being used in the PB Simmental business is 3C Macho - ABS bull.
Don Coover with SEK thinks my bull is going to be Meyer 734's replacement.
Here he is at 4 years old
Macho_in_yard_4-07_bright_straight.jpg

Here he is at about 20 months old.
Macho_2A_adjusted_pixel.JPG

Macho_7A_pixel.JPG

You can talk to Don at SEK and get his opinion. Semen is at SEK and Cattle Vision (and of course we sell it direct)
He produces great show cattle - "pretty" with lots of guts, muscle & structure. I've posted many pics of daughters on these boards.
Homozygous Black & Homo Polled, trait leader for birth weight.
You can see more on my web site:
http://www.SimmeValley.com
edit: his name is Simme Valley Macho As U

Third Row":2dizd0jj said:
Is there any Simmental AI bull that hasn't been referred to as the next Meyer 734?

HA! I've never been a fan of Meyer 734, way overrated especially for club calves. My experience is with him has been no haired, huge, bad uddered females.

Don was referring to the fact that my bull would be a club calf producer. Don (SEK) promotes lots of clubby bulls, I'm just saying ask his opinion - especially if you're looking for a Simmental bull.
He's 5.6 frame, weighing 2200#, lots of leg hair, and daughters have awesome udders.
Right now he seems to be doing everything we could ask for. Bulls that win on bull tests, steers topping feedlot, & breeders winning shows. Trait leader in Simmental breed for birth weight. His growth EPD's suck, but his offspring are plenty growthy.

I realize why he said it, it's the same reason everybody with a bull that has Meyer somewhere in the pedigree says it. The comparison has become a cliche and I tend to tune out every time it's mentioned. You can't declare Meyer's replacement by looking at the bull (Meyer was an average looking bull compared to today's stock) or a couple dozen heifers (a couple hundred big time producers is more like it).

If your bull really is Meyer's replacement, you won't have to tell anybody.

Metalwoodchips":153tsmkw said:
:stop: I have an awesome Zibu heifer that I believe will be Meyer 734's replacement!!! No joke, she has a set on her like no other... Very potent semen!!!
your heifer has semen?? :shock: weird

hahahah NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO you're screwed in the head dude. are you stoned, or severly wasted?? do you even have a cow?

I am going to use Mama's Boy now listed by SEK. I really like the cow. I like a blaze face also over all black. Meyer 734 is prime example of an old bull that only gets bred to good ones now and the bad ones are gone from when he was bred to everything.

racekannon":tieewnx1 said:
I am going to use Mama's Boy now listed by SEK. I really like the cow. I like a blaze face also over all black. Meyer 734 is prime example of an old bull that only gets bred to good ones now and the bad ones are gone from when he was bred to everything.
Thanks for the comment.. I really like him!! I believe he is on the top of my list so far. Thanks!

Latest posts