Messmer Judge

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
I can;t recall who all asked me about him. PM me, had the first judge calf this evening.

dun

dun":ecq2ykr7 said:
I can;t recall who all asked me about him. PM me, had the first judge calf this evening.

dun

Well, tell us about him, Dun. Got any pictures?

Frankie":12yimi44 said:
dun":12yimi44 said:

dun

Well, tell us about him, Dun. Got any pictures?
No pictures, she calved right at dusk. There were a couple of people that had also used him or planned on it. Those are the folks I'm waiting to hear from.

dun

Dun:

Is it top secret info? Pretend I was one who asked and tell us about the calf.

Not top secret, just most people don;t care.

Solid red out of an F1 black baldy, 65-70 lb heifer, long and thin with a tapered face rather then squarish shaped. Veery alert and active at birth, trying to stand within 2-3 minutes of birth.
Like I said, not of interest to most people

Dun,

Is he one of these narrow headed, can drink out of the bottom of a Coke bottle Red Angus calves?

Badlands

Badlands":2ziyqqvy said:
Dun,

Is he one of these narrow headed, can drink out of the bottom of a Coke bottle Red Angus calves?

Badlands

Not really, but I think she's going to have that ugly showhorn looking head. Alwasy seems to be kind of hard to tell the ultimate shape until they're at least a couple of days to a week old.

dun

LOL, no I think "Showhorn" is perfect.

Shorthorn with the Maine influence bred for showing and nothing else= SHOWHORN.

Badlands

Badlands":2ynycgeb said:
LOL, no I think "Showhorn" is perfect.

Shorthorn with the Maine influence bred for showing and nothing else= SHOWHORN.

Badlands

That would be a breed like maintaner, limflex, salorn, etc., not a description. I thought all the US Shorthorns were Showhorns now. Would the Shorthorn Chiania be the same thing?

dun

I don't know on the Shorthorn/Chianina cross.

But, if you crossed Lowlines and Chianina, could you call them "Low-Chi's"? (low-key)

Badlands

Latest posts