Messmer Judge 36N

Help Support CattleToday:

We are going to sample him this year on 10 cows. I have not heard anything bad about him. We used a 1/2 sib to him Celebration the last 2 years with fairly good results. Calving ease is great and consistant but the growth didn't seem very consistant last year. The 2008 calves from Celebration look much better than the 07's. I decided to use Judge this year because of his low ME and high WW & YW EPD's compared to Celebration with much higher accuracies.

We retained (by accidnet) one heifer from him last year. Seems to be a bit leggier then the heifers from the other bulls. Nice enough heifer just not exactly my cup of tea. I'm planning on getting some pictures this week. Hopefully she'll be one of them

Sage":1g0y6dzl said:
Dun, how did the calves grow compared to other sire groups?

Heavier then Cherokee Canyon, about the same (within a couple of pounds) of Basin 79E, about 85 lbs lighter then Feltons Domino 774, and a little lighter then Glacier Nyack.

Thanks for the information. I was looking at a catalogue with some bull calves from him and a lot of them looked pretty good. Then I went and saw the pic of Judge as a youngster and he seemed to have a lot of leg and not enough meat for my liking. Don't know what the dams of these boys look like though, that makes a difference.

Latest posts