Memorial Day 2023

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
Good morning all!! Not much to say this morning but lots to think on.
A day to reflect on & remember those that answered the call, paid our dues, so we could stay safe at home, pick and choose...and remember too, those of our allies that gave their lives for free people everywhere.

Son and wife just left for home then a week coming, a well deserved vacation in Florida. I just found out, his company gave him another district to take care of and it worries me, as it's going to entail a lot of travel into that district. Mexico.

And, only slightly related. My wife took these last Friday evening but I had to drive on when the light changed and couldn't get any more. Train had two locomotives front and two in the rear and was certainly over 1/4 mile long. Moving west to east into Ft Hood and I could hear the troops unloading late into the night.

tank1.jpg

tank2.jpg

tank3.jpg

tank4.jpg

There were some different types of fighting vehicles closer to the end but I did not get pics of those. Bradleys and Strykers.

Memorial Day thoughts: Walking military graveyards always makes me think of what is buried beneath the grass. A lot of hopes and dreams, and not just those people lost, but those that loved them. Ripples that spread out into society and into the future. It makes me wonder how those lost would feel about the rancor of present day politics. The pettiness. We often forget that we owe a debt to those beneath the soil. A debt we owe to our children too. A debt we can only pay by making our homes secure, our government functional, future generations free to chart their own course. We are not without a duty as civilians. We are obliged to make it work... a small price compared to that made by those beneath the grass.

Latest posts