Melons

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Picked some melons today and there is no way we can eat them all so I loaded the bucket and parked the tractor by the highway with a sign inviting people to have a melon on me. I thought this might be a good public relations and a way to thank the folks who have called when my cows decided they wanted to walk to town.

That's great Jo! Wish we could grow them out here. I bet it doesn't take long to empty that bucket

If I tried that here, one of 2 things would happen.
1. First guy that came along would take every one of them and set up a "Home grown watermelons $5 ea" right down the road.
2. First guy that came along would steal the tractor and melons---tractor would show up for sale on CL the same afternoon and the same melon stand would pop up right down the road too.

Dopeheads.

Deepsouth":30cgt734 said:
Jubilees?

Yes. Every one is gone. Even had someone come up and thank me and offer to pay. I declined and told her I just appreciated them being good neighbors.

That's awesome Jo! I have a couple of acres of melons planted this year (4 varieties) that are a little behind due to all the rain that we have been getting. After a couple of days of sunshine, they have really taken off. Should have some melons ready in a couple of weeks!

That was a nice thing to do. My dad used to take watermelons to people in town. He has been dead almost twenty-two years, and people still remember.
My cousin delivered a trailer of culls to my cows one day this week. They really enjoyed them!

Latest posts