Meet Mayflower

Help Support CattleToday:

kucala5

Reaction score
Knock on wood, we've had a real good calving season and our last calf was born is AM. We've learned a lot this year and enjoy it more each year. Here is Mayflower, born this morning. This pics aren't great, but I was so excited to have her here I snapped a couple quick picks at lunch. :cboy:

We have a young bull with the same type markings on his face. I named him Surprise because he looks like he has white eyebrows in the surprise position...

She is a cutie.. I bet momma is glad she has a calf now too... I found they really suffer in "herd status" when they don't have one. I know the last one I had calf was very happy to be out of "jail"... Looks like I'm going to have 3 of them in jail until some time in the summer.

Was the name chosen in remembrance of the tornado? Is the next one going to be named Vilonia or Ferndale?
I was over there yesterday. What a mess
Nice cattle and nice place you have. Next to my area, your area is my favorite.

Ouachita":m9bzw4n5 said:
Was the name chosen in remembrance of the tornado? Is the next one going to be named Vilonia or Ferndale?
I was over there yesterday. What a mess
Nice cattle and nice place you have. Next to my area, your area is my favorite.
Thanks so much, yes I named her in remembrance and she is our only May calf. I have a friend who's sister's home was destroyed in Mayflower. So many lives changed in a short time.