Meet Lover Boy (pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

Sir Loin

Reaction score
Lover Boy was formerly Larry of the three stooges when we first bought 3 new bulls. Since then because of his gentleness, refusal to fight with other bulls and his gentle and consistent performance with the ladies I have since changed his name to "Lover Boy".
Lover Boy is a composite of Char and Black Angus and is now 2 years old.
So far Lover Boy has produced 5 skunk tail calves.
SL

100_0143.jpg

100_0137.jpg

100_0138.jpg

5 out of how many? that skunktail is a pretty persistant color trait! and it'll pop up when you think its gone too.

I like his build. Good and solid and not much air. I bet a lot of people would have trouble guessing the weights of his calves.

Beefy,

Re:
5 out of how many?
5 so far.
He and the other two stooges, because they were only yearlings were in with 150 cows, but only for 2 months and our breeding seasons are long. We breed year round, so it will be hard to say what kind of stamina he has or his success rate.
Plus we had just purchased them and they weren't in excellent condition.

My concern is his temperament. He is a little too dossal. But it's fun to scratch his head and back while he eats and it sure is nice to just pull the limo in the pasture and tell him to get in and he does.

I'm not sure we will be able to use him in with other bulls that he doesn't know as he may not fight for the right to breed and may not be able to form his own little harem.

Here is a pic of Brownie (Formerly KA Moe)
He too has so far put 4 or 5 calves on the ground from the same herd.
100_0135.jpg

Texas A&M has some reserch that says when you are running muliple sires in a pasture, the bulls that are not fighting are the sires that are taking care of bidness... So who knows you might have a lot of skunk tales

Now meet Curly formally known as Curly of the Three Stooges.
His name was retained because of the curly hair on his head.
He too is a composite and is a gentile bull.
SL
100_0146.jpg

A Gentile bull...as opposed to...?????? 8)

Sorry, I couldn't help myself...

Alice

And last but not least here are two turkeys that just don't seem to want to put on any weight no matter how much feed I give them.
As you can see they too are friendly.
I sure hope they put on some weight soon as the time to invite them over for dinner is soon approaching.
Now you may have a good laugh at my expense.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone and may God bless you and yours as he has blessed me and mine.
SL

Scroll down
100_0145.jpg

SirLoin is Brownie/Moe supposed to be a CharolaisxAngus too? and if so, is that white markings on his head?

Beefy,
Re:
is Brownie/Moe supposed to be a CharolaisxAngus too?
Yes.
and if so, is that white markings on his head?
Yes. He has one small white spot in the center of his forehead.
And yes he does have scurs, if that is what you are seeing.
SL

OK for you Alace, That's a gotcha.
Ya know pay backs can be H.
Did I mention he is not only gentile, he is also a gentle gentile bull.
Hey that's just the price you must pay when you use auto spell check and are to lazy to proof read. My bad!!
fish.gif

Have a happy Thanksgiving.
SL

Sir Loin":s17tuion said:
OK for you Alace, That's a gotcha.
Ya know pay backs can be H.
Did I mention he is not only gentile, he is also a gentle gentile bull.
Hey that's just the price you must pay when you use auto spell check and are to lazy to proof read. My bad!!
fish.gif

Have a happy Thanksgiving.
SL

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

TheBullLady":zm7cj75i said:
Nothing wrong with a docile bull.. I wouldn't have them any other way. Nice looking bull!

Well said. I want them taking care of the ladies, not head-butting me or the tractor.

Nice animals....like the length and depth.
We halter break our bulls and work them weekly...don't have a mean animal on the place and the bull is the most dostile.
DMc

Latest posts