Meet Frank

Help Support CattleToday:

bambi_boy

Reaction score
Meet Frank, 5 days old, yes he is only 5 DAYS OLD!!! He was an AI baby, from a bull that was known to throw big calves.
134444.jpg

One with Frank next to Bambi, who is 25 days old.
134422.jpg

Some may know, Bambi was touch & go for about a week & a half, but he is going GREAT, eating grass & grain. Frank is actually bigger than he is, but with how sick this poor guy was, he has some catching up to do.

Hey Frank! :wave:

So glad to hear Bambi is doing great ~ was really cheering him on!
Have fun with your boys, good luck with both of them :nod:

ps ~ have to confess I spent more time staring at your green grass than your calves.
All here is still white. :frowns: Lucky you!

They definitely look Big, but more importantly they look healthy. Good lookin pair. Glad to see the one that was touch and go is doing well for ya.

Ryan

Sorry Angie, if it helps it is a little cool today, only 65. Got mad at hubs yesterday for cutting the grass, Bambi was enjoying it so much!

I have learned more in 20 days with Bambi than I ever thought I would know about calves. Picked up Frank Thursday, with the move it stressed him a bit, touch of the scours this am, but jumped into action - been there done that have the tee-shirt. Hubs helped me feed last night and well, lets just say that he now knows NOT to "lean" the bottle near your privates as when he got what we call the "udder bust" well... was speaking with a high voice for a few seconds :oops:

I almost swore off getting another calf, but Bambi was much better, and knowing he would do better with a buddy, Frank is here.

Many would have written Bambi off, at one point even he was giving up, but I never did.

well im sure he will get hitt there more as the yrs go by.ive been hitt there so much ive lost cout.been kicked there a few times.both calves look real healthy.that hol bull looks normal size to me.an ive seen some big honking hol calves in 27yrs.

Frank ought to be about 10 foot tall when he grows up . He could make the Holstein basketball team. they are replacing the budweiser Clydesdales in the Super Bowl Commercials , Hah ! I've got some Holstein steers and about once a month I look at em and say " Jeez their getting tall" . Have a good one Frank :banana:

Sure ;-) Mr. Bambi likes his new pal.

I did get to see a 2 year old bull (she called him the "clean up" bull) Gees - hard to imagine the boys getting that big :shock:

the reason she called him the cleanup bull is because they AI their cows.an after so long they turn the bull out to breed what they missed.

Latest posts