Meds. available

Help Support CattleToday:

cowlady1

Reaction score
I have run into different Meds. or vaccines not available. I have had to use something else. At one time & even yet I still can't buy corrid in powder pkgs. Before I buy a gallon of corrid for $75 for 5 calves & maybe thats all I need it for. I'll try something else to do the same job but cheaper than $75 use a few ounces & through out the rest of the gallon. My question is what would you do? Sulmet is hard on a calf but for $8.95 is a big difference. I've played enough with it on sale barn calves thats high risk and had just as good of luck. Actually clostridial products has done the best on sale barn. My biggest problem is how long was the calf in problems.Time on anything sick is very important. I've done sale barn calves for 30 years. Deases & weather changes from year to year. I have found milk replacers are for 100# calves not 70# X breed.It also plays a big role on a calf. vaccines which ones first & ect.1980 calves were better!

It is difficult to buy medicine and vaccines for 5 calves.There are a lot of vet supply places that could be helpful.We order supplies from many different places and have it shipped right to the door.Most of these places have good websites.Animart for instance offers Bovi-Shield 5 in a 5 dose size.

Larry

I like PBS animal health. But if I just need a few doses, I pick up what I need at my vets office. Most vets will order meds for you. This is another great reason to establish a good relationship with a vet.

I have a shelf the refridgerator dedicated to animal meds.

Latest posts