medications

Help Support CattleToday:

allinnow

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if they use Nuflor and if they have any kind of numbers, death lose with and without, using this drug?

Nuflor is proven. I have used it many times for mainly pneumonia. It works. My uncle uses it with a follow up of LA200 when he doctors for the same thing. I dont know about others, but I like the product.

If you google nuflor and go to the "official" site, you'll find the numbers you are looking for...of course realizing they are put out by the manufacturer. However, nuflor is something that we've used a great deal of and have found to be quite effective used as directed and especially if the illness is caught in the early stages.

Alice

I have no numbers to give you, but around here we call it the "killem or cureem " drug.

As Alice said "if the illness is caught in the early stages" it seems to work just fine, but then again so does LA 200.
SL

allinnow":7byj9gwf said:
Can anyone tell me if they use Nuflor and if they have any kind of numbers, death lose with and without, using this drug?

It kept my dying calf alive for a extra
week, so i say it works. It also saved one .

allinnow":37clf0p4 said:

We've never had good luck with Nuflor, and have lost a few(I can't tell you exactly how many - it's been 3 or 4 years ago) while using it despite the fact that we caught it early and treated immediately. Because of that, we've switched to Baytril and have had much, much better results.

I buy some calves that I know are sick, cheap. I have had great results with it. I do think baytril is better but its also more expensive. Baytril 100 ml 80 bucks, nuflor 100ml 60 bucks.

has anyone ever used Nuflor and Baytril together in a multiple day treatment plan.

Bama":3lymdqo6 said:
I buy some calves that I know are sick, cheap. I have had great results with it. I do think baytril is better but its also more expensive. Baytril 100 ml 80 bucks, nuflor 100ml 60 bucks.

Do you use any micotil?

This year we used NuFlor quit a bit with great success (sorry no numbers) and had a 500mL bottle of Draxxin donated, I liked the draxxin alot more as it was only about a mil per cwt compared to big shot of NuFlor. Also, when its realllly cold out like around 0 or negative, have a warm tub of water to set the thick NuFlor in and soften up, otherwise its pretty tough unless using a ram rod of a needle

Stocker Steve":v8ja58om said:
Bama":v8ja58om said:

Do you use any micotil?

No, I'm sure It is better than anything I use. There are just to many things that can go wrong with a needle. I draw the line there. All of my cattle ain't worth it. I know folks use it all the time, but for me it just ain't worth the risk. Its not only a stick that concerns me. What about sores, cuts, hangnails, .... Its just to risky, I don't even have it on the place.

allinnow":2n8qkppi said:
has anyone ever used Nuflor and Baytril together in a multiple day treatment plan.

I try not to switch antibiotics unless one isn't working, or combine antibiotics unless I have a really good reason for it. Pick one and use it; if it doesn't work (after 2-3 treatments) switch to the other antibiotic.

allinnow":1a02f80j said:

Just a heads up in case you didn't already know this - be very careful how you use Baytril in a multiple day treatment program. Baytril will destroy joint cartilage if too much is given. Read the insert carefully, because there are limits to how much can be given in a 60 day period. In our case, we opted for the one treatment dosage, and could not treat again until the 60 days were up.

I am a beginner at this. My young calf had pneumonia and I used Micotil. She still did not pick up until after she had 3cc of Nuflor then the same three days later. She has gone from a sickly calf to a wild bucking youngster. I would not use Micotil again, especially after the "experts" on this forum warned me of the dangers.

Latest posts