Medications on hand

Help Support CattleToday:

larryshoat

Reaction score
Here is a pic of one of our medicine cabinets. We try to keep a wide variety of medicine and supplies on hand, it seems you always have a need on Sunday or at night.
calves004.jpg

Larry

jedstivers":1n88zib5 said:
That reminds me I need to check ours an see what we are short on.

I know, I have a terrible time ordering stuff I already have and leaving off what I really need :dunce: .

Larry

tsmaxx47":3j1a2g1g said:
larry, do you have any tetanous in there? just curious.....

Yes, but it's in a refrigerator that sits to the side of that cabinet.

Larry

Looks good. We keep an inventory sheet next to ours. Works really well if you remember to write down what you use.

Crikey. You make me look like an inept hobby farmer.

About all I can use without getting specific advice from a vet is white penicillin, oxytocin and mastitis treatments. There's stuff I *should* have that you only really need maybe once in five years - tape for wrapping torn teats while they heal, the blackpox ointment I had to dig out this year because I hadn't seen a case since 2006.

regolith":1gu43svm said:
Crikey. You make me look like an inept hobby farmer.

About all I can use without getting specific advice from a vet is white penicillin, oxytocin and mastitis treatments. There's stuff I *should* have that you only really need maybe once in five years - tape for wrapping torn teats while they heal, the blackpox ointment I had to dig out this year because I hadn't seen a case since 2006.

We have some trouble with that too. I went through not too long ago and threw away stuff that was out of date (I'm talking way out of date) and believe me it rots my tightwad little soul to throw that stuff away.

Larry

Latest posts