Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe / Dont know yet

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what happens with imported feeder cattle? For instance Mexico sells us very little beef but lots of feeder cattle to be fed out in the USA?

mnmtranching":1r23995y said:
So what happens with imported feeder cattle? For instance Mexico sells us very little beef but lots of feeder cattle to be fed out in the USA?

Easy- in order to import them even NOW they have to be tagged and hot iron branded with a MX- and are easily identifiable at slaughter- and will be marked "Product of the United States from cattle imported from Mexico" or a "Product of Mexico and the United States"....
The TRUTH!

Multiple Countries of Origin: This is product that might have been born in another country but is raised and processed in the United States and will carry a label listing all the countries involved. For example: feeder calves that are imported from Mexico and then fed out and slaughtered within the United States could potentially carry a label that reads "product of the United States from cattle imported from Mexico."

Oldtimer":eh8mjz6a said:
mnmtranching":eh8mjz6a said:

Easy- in order to import them even NOW they have to be tagged and hot iron branded with a MX- and are easily identifiable at slaughter- and will be marked "Product of the United States from cattle imported from Mexico" or a "Product of Mexico and the United States"....
The TRUTH!

Multiple Countries of Origin: This is product that might have been born in another country but is raised and processed in the United States and will carry a label listing all the countries involved. For example: feeder calves that are imported from Mexico and then fed out and slaughtered within the United States could potentially carry a label that reads "product of the United States from cattle imported from Mexico."

Thank you! I'm very glad that wouldn't be swept under the rug. 8)

VanC":f4wr2qp8 said:
vs_cattle":f4wr2qp8 said:
Do you want MCOOL?
Latest survey states 92% of American's want MCOOL so I want to see what we all think since I know on here the poll will have a better chance of being accurate and fair

Why would this poll be more accurate and fair than the one done by Consumer Reports?

In case you not familar with polls they can be misleading

- You can poll a certain group of people
- Word a poll a certain way to get people to vote your way
- You could make numbers favor a certain way
- Anyone can do this so it dose not matter where your from or who you know any one can manipulate a poll

This poll will be more accurate because we know the poll has a fair shot at going either way. Those polls where put on by people pro M-Cool one way or another

dun":3sd4i57r said:
The consumer will still vote with their wallet. No matter how high and mighty they sound, they still want inexpensive food. If there is a couple of buck difference in 2 packages of basicly the same product other then where it was raised, they'll go with the cheaper.

Alot of people should know this is how consumers work if something is cheaper thats whats gonna be selling as long as its safe dont get me wrong

vs_cattle":2jph0zez said:
VanC":2jph0zez said:
vs_cattle":2jph0zez said:
Do you want MCOOL?
Latest survey states 92% of American's want MCOOL so I want to see what we all think since I know on here the poll will have a better chance of being accurate and fair

Why would this poll be more accurate and fair than the one done by Consumer Reports?

- Anyone can do this so it dose not matter where your from or who you know any one can manipulate a poll

This poll will be more accurate because we know the poll has a fair shot at going either way. Those polls where put on by people pro M-Cool one way or another

WRONG AGAIN Vs-- The producers poll of Checkoff payers was sponsored by USDA, as required by law-- which has been anti M-COOL--but was contracted to and conducted by Gallup Polls- a worldwide polling corporation...Both US Consumers Report (92%) and Zogby (90%) are also major national/international organizations that are hired by major corporate entities worldwide to find the trends in marketing in the US....

Are you telling me that these corporate entities/governments are paying these polling companies $millions to give them information that won't work? :shock: :roll:

Do you think they all conspired to get essentially the same results --92%, 92% and 90%.... :roll: :lol: :lol:

Just like your theory of it costing so much--How come 92% of the US producers (Checkoff Payers) would want their beef identified and promoted as such-- if its going to cost so much...Are you trying to tell me that 92% of people that raise and market cattle are wrong-- and that you know more than they do :roll: I was unaware you were a cattle/beef marketing expert... ;-) :lol: Maybe you will enlighten us to this expertise..

How could your poll be more fair--when it was worded so many didn't understand it- and it could include Canadian voters which oppose the M-COOL, because it will end their ability to use crooked horse trader tactics and pass off Canadian beef as US beef....

I guess to me, I can't see how anyone could oppose wanting to tell the US consumers the truth about the foods they eat--- nor how any American cattle producer could not want to identify and support PRODUCT OF THE UNITED STATES BEEF-- born, raised, and slaughtered......

Oldtimer":1g555k2l said:
vs_cattle":1g555k2l said:
VanC":1g555k2l said:
vs_cattle":1g555k2l said:
Do you want MCOOL?

WRONG AGAIN Vs-- The producers poll of Checkoff payers was sponsored by USDA, as required by law-- which has been anti M-COOL--but was contracted to and conducted by Gallup Polls- a worldwide polling corporation...Both US Consumers Report (92%) and Zogby (90%) are also major national/international organizations that are hired by major corporate entities worldwide to find the trends in marketing in the US....

Are you telling me that these corporate entities/governments are paying these polling companies $millions to give them information that won't work? :shock: :roll:

Do you think they all conspired to get essentially the same results --92%, 92% and 90%.... :roll: :lol: :lol:

Just like your theory of it costing so much--How come 92% of the US producers (Checkoff Payers) would want their beef identified and promoted as such-- if its going to cost so much...Are you trying to tell me that 92% of people that raise and market cattle are wrong-- and that you know more than they do :roll: I was unaware you were a cattle/beef marketing expert... ;-) :lol: Maybe you will enlighten us to this expertise..

How could your poll be more fair--when it was worded so most didn't understand it- and it could include Canadians which oppose the M-COOL, because it will end their ability to use crooked horse trader tactics and pass off Canadian beef as US beef....

I guess to me, I can't see how anyone could oppose wanting to tell the US consumers the truth about the foods they eat--- nor how any American cattle producer could not want to identify and support PRODUCT OF THE UNITED STATES BEEF-- born, raised, and slaughtered......

Wrong again? I know Im not perfect but what was I wrong about last time? if you want to play that game I can look up all your post and point out when your wrong (But I wont) ;-)

''Just like your theory of it costing so much''
I Dont think we need this the GOV. Should not have to get involved with R- Calf Thats why so many law makers oppose the bill you cant tell me all of them want it

This poll is unfair? I know I gave you the upper hand!
But to make you happy let me know how I should have worded this poll. Also about the polls they are still un just now if cosumers where asked the right questions I know these would rank hire. consumer want food safety and inspection systems, freshness, nutrient content and other factors rather then mandatory -country-of-origin labeling. also you always talk about the 92% of this and that well Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association is a 13,200 members manage approximately 5.4 million cattle on 70.3 million acres of range and pasture land, they opposed MCOOL so that right there could be your 8% so what abouth the rest of american who oppose MCOOL?
Am I a cattle marketing expert :shock: ...... Um..... NO but I'm glad you think I am :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sice your talking so highly of me may I ask what kind of expert you are? remeber being head of R-Calf or apart of it dont make you any smarter :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: 8) :lol:

You cant see why any one would oppose M-Cool? :roll: :oops: :shock: :shock: ;-)
For the 100th time in plain English
These are some I know I missing some
- A Permanent Advantage for Poultry
- Poultry does not need to fallow M-Cool
-The current U.S. chicken and turkey industries are capable of meeting MCOOL law's requirements at virtually no additional cost.
- Drives the price of beef up that much more vs other products
- Cost Beef producers money
-relative to tracking, auditing, verification and compliance.
- Some #s out their for cattle is right around $33-55 a head cost
- we know that each time a new regulation comes along, processors simply pass that cost along to the producers
-The Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS) will enforce mandatory country-of-origin labeling in retail stores and in meat packing and processing operations, Penalties for non-compliance are $10,000 per violation per day.
- Sooner or later Manatory Id will be in place with M-Cool
- Voluntary COOL has been available for years and consumer can already ask certain programs already have forms of COOL and are consumers just buying that brand of beef NO
- More paper work lol
- mandatory country of origin labeling should be replaced with a voluntary, less expensive, market-based program

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

vscattle
Those polls where put on by people pro M-Cool one way or another

Oldtimer
WRONG AGAIN Vs-- The producers poll of Checkoff payers was sponsored by USDA, as required by law-- which has been anti M-COOL--but was contracted to and conducted by Gallup Polls- a worldwide polling corporation...

Right there is your first wrong--that was the last thing USDA wanted to see.... I spent several days on the NCBA thread seriously giving you the info and the research sites to the truth around M-COOL-answering all these same issues you brought up- thinking you were seriously interested in learning about it-- but you continuously put out false or misleading info--so I'm not going to sit and nitpick every one of them with you...If people want info they can go to that thread...

Remember that the current M-COOL rules as passed by the house were endorsed by R-CALF, United States Cattlemans Association, National Farmers Union, and accepted in committee by the AMI and NCBA .....

Is it the best bill in the world? - probably not....But it is much better than the huge gap in the import/labeling law we currently have....The sad thing is that it even requires a law to make our Packers/Importers/Retailers tell the truth to US consumers- rather than to try to profit by FRAUD and DECEPTION.......

And if you truly believe the marketing trends have/are not changing concerning the desire to have more information on their food labels concerning imports and find US products- just watch the Lou Dobbs newshour....

but you continuously put out false or misleading info
:oops: :shock: :oops:

That hurts OT I NEVER HAVE POSTED SOMETHING FALSE OR MISLEADING Just because I'm opposed to certain things does not mean I'm putting out false or misleading info if any one does it YOU I'm cought in a snag here I'm happy with promoting USA beef but I'm against how R-Calf goes about doing stuff with polls this, court that, and losing money here or there so thats why I'm against this polls and how MCOOL is going to negativeley effect producers I was told by people such as your self consumers will pick up the cost BUT with further studing and past history I now know the TRUTH and I no longer can be behind MCOOL SORRY OT ;-)

Packers/Importers/Retailers tell the truth to US consumers- rather than to try to profit by FRAUD and DECEPTION.......
The sole called Truth :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thats A buch of ...... I wont even say it :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have'nt looked into the bill in depth yet but I KNOW the ''TRUTH'' Aint the TRUTH in the last bill there where so many ways to get around certain things so :lol: :lol: and how would you even know the truth are you gonna be in each plant or in each box? Escpescialy with out no manditory animal ID thats a tuff one? I mean you said Canadian's are like crooked horse trader so umm thats a tuff one :lol: :lol: :lol:

vs_cattle":3vi7zdor said:

That hurts OT I NEVER HAVE POSTED SOMETHING FALSE OR MISLEADING Just because I'm opposed to certain things does not mean I'm putting out false or misleading info if any one does it YOU I'm cought in a snag here I'm happy with promoting USA beef but I'm against how R-Calf goes about doing stuff with polls this, court that, and losing money here or there so thats why I'm against this polls and how MCOOL is going to negativeley effect producers I was told by people such as your self consumers will pick up the cost BUT with further studing and past history I now know the TRUTH and I no longer can be behind MCOOL SORRY OT ;-)

Reading your posts.tells me you have put out false and misleading information,hopefully unintentional.
I have heard every spin that could be dreamed up to stall M COOL,all for nothing the American house wife deserves to know where the food she is feeding her family comes from period,I aint buying the costs passed back to the producer BS that the ami keeps threatening producers with to stall the passage of M COOL again.
There are some unknowns in the bill,and there are some knowns,mainly with the threat of terrorism and disease infected products coming across our borders,it needs to be identified.
I have little use for someone that will try to save a few cents as a producer,while being part of the packer conspiracy to source cheap beef and defraud the American public..............good luck

PS I hope everyone will take the time to study the M COOL bill,as a producer its your right to have an input in your future.

HAY MAKER":fmola691 said:
vs_cattle":fmola691 said:

Reading your posts.tells me you have put out false and misleading information,hopefully unintentional.
I have heard every spin that could be dreamed up to stall M COOL,all for nothing the American house wife deserves to know where the food she is feeding her family comes from period,I aint buying the costs passed back to the producer BS that the ami keeps threatening producers with to stall the passage of M COOL again.
There are some unknowns in the bill,and there are some knowns,mainly with the threat of terrorism and disease infected products coming across our borders,it needs to be identified.
I have little use for someone that will try to save a few cents as a producer,while being part of the packer conspiracy to source cheap beef and defraud the American public..............good luck

PS I hope everyone will take the time to study the M COOL bill,as a producer its your right to have an input in your future.

What in the he!! are you taliking about?
My info is the Truth you tell me whats a lie and I will tell YOU where I got it from I'm not like you R-Calf Lovers that get stuff of the top of your head and swear its the truth and the BS about the cost please please dont tell me you realy honetly belive packers and consumers are gonna pick up the cost thats real BS if you do the estimites are in the ?,000,000,000 to have M-Cool not to add that a fine of $10,000 per violation per day would be billed to packers and grocery stores for various reasons so how long before certain chains to stop selling beef I know the mom and pop stores cant handle to many violations at 10,000 a day and the packers you think they are going to say ok we will take the 10,000 - 20,000 Loss and dont worry we are not going to try to recoop any of that money from you? and a violation can be a misprinted label (labels do get swaped on accident sometimes) and your gonna tell me you have little use for someone that will try to save a few cents as a producer,(they are not cents I told you the # out there are from 30-55 per head) while being part of the packer conspiracy to source cheap beef and defraud the American public..............good luck (Why in the hell would I want to do that I want M-Cool to be known for what it is not what you tell people its gonna be :lol: :lol: so your puting out misleading things on here! where is the info I missed that stated consumers and packers have a contract that reads something to the ?,000,000,000 of dollars thats associaited with M-Cool Cost? ** Oh ya your an R-Calf Lover so ya I guess ?,000,000,000 of dollars are cents to you guys considering the loss of money and jobs with you other love (Canadian Boarder) ;-) Conspiracy your funny the only people known for that type of stuff is R-Calf they are known for being crazy, terrorist, LOVE to mislead American's, having no leadership, scared of compition, are pro losing money, and many other things

HAY MAKER":mfrf7ty1 said:
Poll sez you are all wet,typical californian :D :D :D
good luck

:lol: :lol: Two most seen bumper stickers in Montana--

Not just any beef - USA RAISED BEEF- Ask for it

Don't Californicate Montana

Oldtimer":20oe4ose said:
HAY MAKER":20oe4ose said:
good luck

That's funny,I reckon there are some good folks in california,problem is ,there are some like vs cattle that are uninformed and pigheaded,his own poll sez he is like these dang baby mocking birds around here,all mouth and full of sheist :D :D ..............good luck

HAY MAKER":2wto6w6c said:
Oldtimer":2wto6w6c said:
HAY MAKER":2wto6w6c said:
good luck

That's funny,I reckon there are some good folks in california,problem is ,there are some like vs cattle that are uninformed and pigheaded,his own poll sez he is like these dang baby mocking birds around here,all mouth and full of sheist :D :D ..............good luck

Yep-- I thought the guy was serious and really wanted to learn about the new M-COOL proposal--but I can see now he just wants to slam everything positive and believe only the negatives put out by the opponents(Packers/importers)- since much of the info he is using has nothing to do with the new proposed rule...

Problem with the Californians coming here is they all come here to escape the problems of California--but then as soon as they are here they want to screw our state up by expecting the same conveniences/government services and bringing in the same laws and problems they just left.... :roll:

both of you fools are crazy
Im not beliving some good can come out of this I never said that I stated the negative because you fools think M-Cool is going to solve world problems or something :lol: I know it aint and you guys are suger coating the whole situaiton I for one any I know others fill the same way want to know what M-Cool is realy about not just what R-Calf thinks I mean if we where to go along with r-calf fallowers shoot I dont even want to think about how screwed our country would be and dont try hiding behind your states I know people in Montana who dislike R-Calf and For Sure In Texas :lol: :lol: :lol: so dont try bringing California into this this is R-Calf VS The World

Golly OT I hadn't heard that VS Cattle was moving to your area :shock: Don't forgett to warn him about your friend the butcher that is removing the Canada labels off of that killer meat and selling it to the public as good old born bred and fed US beef :cboy:

all mouth and full of sheist

You two are full of S@!T and all mouth thats what R-Calf is they cant do anything thats why the boarders are opening up soon! :clap:

And Ya I would love to move out with OT Just to convert some of those dam R-Calf Fools

But we all know when peole try make things personal with a low blow that means they know they are in the wrong one way or another :lol: :lol: :lol: :help: :help: :lol2: :clap: :clap: :w :banana: :) :) :) :) :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts