MAX Q TF

Help Support CattleToday:

western

Reaction score
Has anyone used max q tall fescue and if so can you provide feedback?

How many years have you had it? Do your animals eat it well? etc.....

Thanks for you help!

I put 20 acres in around three years ago and it has been holding up well so far. Hayed the first year and have pastured it the last two.

RGV

I put some inabout 3 years ago. Holding up well. Last year I cut 71 4x4 rolls off 14 acres in the late May cutting. Cows love it and the horse folks really like the hay. As a matter of fact the hay that I sell is mostly to the horse folks. Thinking about baleing about half in square bales this year. More trouble and expense, but most oif my horse hay folks would rather have small squares than round bales.

Still have not decided on final numbers yet but will probably charge $40-$45 for 4x5 rounds or $3.50 - $4.50 for squares. I know what my fertlizer cost are so far and what my expected cost will be to have the custom baleing. Just depends on the grass and how it grows off.

Does anyone have any experience with Max Q in pennsylvania , I have about an acre of pasture near my barn that gets some heavy use from time to time, someone recomended that I plat Max Q on it , I was wondering how it would do around here, I'm in northeast Pa.

Latest posts