Massey Fuel Filter

Help Support CattleToday:

Crowderfarms

Reaction score
Went and did 100 hr. service on Tractors this week.Changed out fuel filter on a massey 231. Never have had any issues before and this time I've encountered a problem. I cant get the filter to quit leaking. Tried changing to a WIX filter replaced O- Rings snugged the bowl back up and the blasted thing wont quit leaking. Any suggestions???

Crowderfarms":2uqilefh said:
Went and did 100 hr. service on Tractors this week.Changed out fuel filter on a massey 231. Never have had any issues before and this time I've encountered a problem. I cant get the filter to quit leaking. Tried changing to a WIX filter replaced O- Rings snugged the bowl back up and the blasted thing wont quit leaking. Any suggestions???
Did u make sure and lubricate the o rings first? I've also had leakage problems from fitting the filter too tight.

Youneed to pull it apart again and look for marking on the rubber rings to tell you what or where it was not sealing. Check the top and bottom metal pieces too for the same and make sure the old seals are out and gone . I have left them stuck in before now. Check the filter cartridge has not been dropped or marked in manufavture and if that fails start afresh with another new one .

Latest posts