Markey

Help Support CattleToday:

Millerfamfarms

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find some Marchigiana Semen? I have searched the internet high and low and I can't seem to get a reply out of anyone.

Is this breed part of my imagination or what?

Thank you I found that as well.. Still waiting on a reply from those people. I was hoping also that I could find someone in the midwest with marky's.

Hill Creek Farm":2re8b0vr said:
They are some really thick cattle.

Me and Lloyd will be glad to partner with you on some. Send the money and we'll get them on the way.

The markis and pieds are both originally from Italy with the pied coming from the northern part of the country and the marki from central Italy. Marchis tend to be a bit thicker, without the double muscling of the pied. Boone

You are not imagining. My dad used to raise Markeys. He got semen then from a place in Tyler, TX called COBA/Select Sires but that was back around 1980. Those are really nice cows. They were easy calvers. They were very calm in the pasture but hard to deal with when you had to work them. Kinda like Tigers I suppose. Never had a problem with the bulls though. They were real easy going. We really liked them but there wasn't much of a market as far as registered expensive cows. People didn't know what they were.

I appreciate everyones help but I've done the google search. I've emailed every place that has them listed and have not recieved a reply. I was looking for other NON-googled outside sources.

Try phoning Marky Cattle Association directly. Walton,KS (620)837-3303 I have recently used a WhiteMoose Ranch bull with excellent results.

Try phoning Marky Cattle Association directly. Walton,KS (620)837-3303 I have recently used a WhiteMoose Ranch bull with excellent results.

zama":31a91glp said:

On what type or breed of cows :?:

Calves are black out of black cows, the occasional red or tan calf from the red gene carrier cow. Calves are generally same color as their mothers.

Try Bullseye Genetics
http://www.bullseyegenetics.com/bullsemennew.htm#mri

Call them on the phone. They do not list Marchiagianas on that list of 40 breeds that they do carry; but they do have a good reputation for being able too find bulls and breeds that are otherwise hard too find. If they can't get it they should be able to tell you who MIGHT be able to get it for you.

Latest posts