Mail in catastrophe..........

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

jltrent

Reaction score
If this voting mess is not sorted out by year end, and it want, the speaker of the house will take over the country from my understanding.....I see a war coming and it will be on our soil.

jltrent said:
If this voting mess is not sorted out by year end, and it want, the speaker of the house will take over the country from my understanding.....I see a war coming and it will be on our soil.
That assumes that she is still Speaker. The House will elect the Speaker on or after Jan.3rd. But the Constitution does provide that if no winner of President or Vice President is determined by Jan. 20th, the Speaker of the House becomes President until it is determined.

Also assume that the Senate is split 50-50 ( a very very real possibility this year), then until it is over there is no one to break the tie since the Vice President is the Speaker of the Senate.

Assume even further that there is no election at all. Then president pro tempore of the Senate (currently Grassley) becomes President. But it will be a heck of a mess if the Seante is split 50-50 because they won't be able to elect one. What is in place now ends for congress on Jan. 3rd and for the President on Jan 20th. If all of the above happened the acting Presient would be Pompeo as Sec. of State.

sstterry said:
jltrent said:
That assumes that she is still Speaker. The House will elect the Speaker on or after Jan.3rd. But the Constitution does provide that if no winner of President or Vice President is determined by Jan. 20th, the Speaker of the House becomes President until it is determined.

Also assume that the Senate is split 50-50 ( a very very real possibility this year), then until it is over there is no one to break the tie since the Vice President is the Speaker of the Senate.

Assume even further that there is no election at all. Then president pro tempore of the Senate (currently Grassley) becomes President. But it will be a heck of a mess if the Seante is split 50-50 because they won't be able to elect one. What is in place now ends for congress on Jan. 3rd and for the President on Jan 20th. If all of the above happened the acting Presient would be Pompeo as Sec. of State.
Very good info and in depth knowledge of our countries workings. For our countries sake I hope things go smooth and it can be worked out without a mess.

jltrent said:
sstterry said:
jltrent said:

Very good info and in depth knowledge of out countries workings. For our countries sake I hope things go smooth and it can be worked out without a mess.

I have a simple solution.

MAGA

Don't understand why mail in has anything to do with voting. Why not just go to the polling place like we have been doing. We go to Walmart, movies, restaurants, and other places but we can't go vote?

Go to the Wikipedia site for the US Constitution...bring a large pot of coffee or a lot of beer and chips. It's all laid out in black and white.......and contrary to seemingly popular opinion these days....a sitting president can't refuse to leave the WH. As far as mail in voting fraud, that sort of problem is addressed, indirectly, but addressed and not a deal breaker.

Texasmark said:
Go to the Wikipedia site for the US Constitution...bring a large pot of coffee or a lot of beer and chips. It's all laid out in black and white.......and contrary to seemingly popular opinion these days....a sitting president can't refuse to leave the WH. As far as mail in voting fraud, that sort of problem is addressed, indirectly, but addressed and not a deal breaker.

There have been very few if any cases of mail voting fraud in the US. In fact a judge in PA just critisized a lawsuit challenging mail in voting because the side against it could not cite a singe case where it had happened there.

And as to people going to Wal-mart and resturants ect, not everyone is doing it. I have not been to a resturant since this all began (I haven't gone to the barber either). I don't see it as big of a deal for state that have ballot drop boxes. But Tennesse does not have those and refuses to install them. So the choice is vote in person or vote absentee (by mail because they are the same thing).

I moved from Washington to Oregon in the summer of 2018. Registered to vote in Oregon. Both states have mail in voting and have had it for years. Fall of 2018 the wife and I got ballets from Washington. We tossed them but there is certainly the opportunity for fraud. Voter rolls are not always correct and up to date. With mail in everyone on the rolls gets a ballot mailed to them. They may have moved. They may be dead. Who knows?

Texasmark said:

You are correct T-Mark, if they can riot in person they can darn well vote in person. Luckily the scumbags don't vote anyway but that's another topic. I've flown once during this scamdemic and my wife several times. I've gotten 3 haircuts and dine out regularly. I go shopping and for the most part live as normally as possible surrounded by frightened ninnies.

sstterry said:
And as to people going to Wal-mart and resturants ect, not everyone is doing it.

Don't know about that. Most people are going to the grocery store aren't they?

ccr said:
sstterry said:
And as to people going to Wal-mart and resturants ect, not everyone is doing it.

I go about once a month. I have some older family members that are getting all of their groceries delivered. Based on the fact that they need to schedule delivery two weeks ahead, I'd say they're not alone.

ccr said:
sstterry said:

Around here you can call in the order and they will put in your trunk or back of your truck when you arrive. Some, in cities are even delivering. Some peple go in some do not.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
sstterry said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
You are correct T-Mark, if they can riot in person they can darn well vote in person.

Good people on both sides....

On one side I see the police, agreed, good people, on the other I see punks, thugs, and criminal looters, not a good one in the bunch.
Are you including the KKK, the Proud Boys and the other hate groups in that mix? Because so far, from what I have seen is that they are the ones that have caused most of the damage.

Buck Randall said:
ccr said:
sstterry said:

I go about once a month. I have some older family members that are getting all of their groceries delivered. Based on the fact that they need to schedule delivery two weeks ahead, I'd say they're not alone.

Y'all need to move back to America.

All the sacrifice that went in to making this the greatest country in the world. The very core process that separated it from the rest, pizzed on and corrupted by a bunch of politicians. It is a disgrace. Voting is the single greatest freedom in the world. Do it in person with a photo I.D or not at all. Tired of the excuses, the whining, and the BS. If it isn't important enough to you to take the time, the risk or the effort then you don't appreciate it for what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts