Lutalyse

Help Support CattleToday:

tjmdo

Reaction score
Well I've successfully AI'd 2 of my cows. I saw one in natural standing heat and gave Lutalyse to the other 4 only seeing one stand in 5 days. Should I keep watching or just re-inject on day 10? Also I'm pretty busy in my other career. Is a timed AI protocol any better as far as getting them re bred. I'm way past the 1 calf per cow per year time as I'm learning but I want to close in on that. Thanks.

I would wait until Day 10 and inject again. With only 4, if you have the time to watch for them you would do better than timed A.I.

From experience I can tell you that trying to A.I. on observed heat if you have an off farm job is extremely difficult.

ohiosteve":vjhovxvw said:
From experience I can tell you that trying to A.I. on observed heat if you have an off farm job is extremely difficult.

And some, like ours, are kinda subtle sometimes about showing it, esp in warm weather

boondocks":3gfcq17k said:
ohiosteve":3gfcq17k said:

And some, like ours, are kinda subtle sometimes about showing it, esp in warm weather

Patch them and check the patches twice a day.

Will do. I'm injecting on the tenth day Friday and I'll place patches. Thanks!