Lurkers

Help Support CattleToday:

jasonleonard":33j8dsej said:
I also lurked here for several years before joining. I value my friendship with many of you(even Inyati)!
I have a constant need to learn....and this is a great place.
As a side note, I really enjoy everyone's pictures and I would post pictures of the cattle I deal in, but there are some here that tear others pics apart ..without taking a minute to think that all of our cattle don't have the exact same purpose.
I bet the ones critiquing the hardest don't have a cow anywhere near the prefection they say yours have to be.
The most money to be made in cattle is in other people's mistakes anyway. Not pretty but profitable.

I am more of a lurker. Having the career in town, 5 week old twins, and the cattle operation, I just get on 3 or 4 times a week and read some of the posts. If I need to try and troubleshoot something, I usually get online and search here, because 9 times out of 10, someone else has posted it.

snake67":2dkcegn4 said:
CKC1586":2dkcegn4 said:
Thanks!!! I thought maybe that was the deal.
Missed you Bez, glad you're back.

Thanks my friend.

Good to be back safe and sound - you be careful in those Michigan woods this winter - going to be cold and the snow will be deep!

Bez
Yup, on the forecast for tonight. Our friend to the North, Hillsdown, already has the white stuff on her ground. :( I guess I can deal with the snow (have my whole life) as long as we get to see the sun regularly.
Have a great day.

Also a lurker most of the time, love the pics of cattle and the in environment.
Have posted some pics in the past, love the comments on them, even the ugly comments.
Dont give comments or answers a lot, mostly try to learn something.

I'm a lurker and a poster.
I'm a nut, taking snapshots of "our" herd. I say our because I have two amongst my brothers "rest". Lol.
But we work together on a lot, have the same goal on the whole herd.

I have learned a lot on here, have met so many nice folks and funny ones to boot!!
I love seeing everyone's progress and photos and hearing the success.
I think overall, this is a positive environment and we can all learn from each other.
I'm grateful for the wonderful folks I've come to know from here. :)

I lurk a lot of times. I dont really have any good advice to offer on cows being that i just got into them when i joined last year so i havent seen too much and i would hate to offer someone bad information.

Interesting topic!

Perhaps, just perhaps, if there were a lot less personal attacks and bullying more people would not be afraid to join in.

For those who don't know it, both personal attacks and bullying are no longer socially accepted and people tend to stay away from people and places where such a threat exists.
Even on the web.

I know that is the reason I was a lurker for about 5 years.
And now that I am posting I feel like I walked into a bikers bar.
Liz

greatgerts":274dmj5g said:
I am more of a lurker. Having the career in town, 5 week old twins, and the cattle operation, I just get on 3 or 4 times a week and read some of the posts. If I need to try and troubleshoot something, I usually get online and search here, because 9 times out of 10, someone else has posted it.

You may never see this, but we had twins in 2003. I helped a lot when ours were small, and as soon as they could travel, I took them with me. It really set my cattle operation back, but it was worth it. They are 9 now, and take every step I do.

NC Liz 2":2hup3h32 said:
Interesting topic!

Perhaps, just perhaps, if there were a lot less personal attacks and bullying more people would not be afraid to join in.

For those who don't know it, both personal attacks and bullying are no longer socially accepted and people tend to stay away from people and places where such a threat exists.
Even on the web.

Liz

Hmmmmm....

I know a lot of folks have accused you of being an old regular by the name of Sir Loin but after reading this I'm not so sure that's who you are. Sir Loin loved to mix it up and was a bit of an attention hound. He loved a good biker bar brawl... Internet style.

Tenn,

FYI: S L took the Vince Forster way out.
If you know what Forster's last words were, S L's were the same except insert CT for city.
Liz

NC Liz 2":356q4ih3 said:
Tenn,

If you know what Forster's last words were, S L's were the same except insert CT for city.
Liz
In reality he apparantly ran out of email addresses since he had been banned so many times.

NC Liz 2":bxpxijkw said:
Even on the web.

You keep coming back again and again.

TennesseeTuxedo":2nkr3qos said:
NC Liz 2":2nkr3qos said:
Tenn,

Liz

Vince Foster?

Wasn't he a lawyer from the Clinton's shady days in Arkansas?
Yep, he's more of the Clinton Dead. There's a pile of them.

Bigfoot":w4cj5knp said:
greatgerts":w4cj5knp said:

You may never see this, but we had twins in 2003. I helped a lot when ours were small, and as soon as they could travel, I took them with me. It really set my cattle operation back, but it was worth it. They are 9 now, and take every step I do.

In November, they went to a sale with us in Georgia. It was a blast, even though they were too young to remember it. They'll be going to shows with us next year. I agree that I think it may put our operation back a bit, but should be totally worth it.

NC Liz 2":3scficca said:
Interesting topic!

Even on the web.

Liz

Biker bars are OK places.

Latest posts