Lurkers

Help Support CattleToday:

CKC1586

Reaction score
I am wondering if folks can come to this site and look at threads and posts without registering???? Just curious. I have a high school friend that is curious about the cattle biz, asks a million questions. Asked me about this site I "seem" to talk about a lot. I didn't know if that was possible.

CKC1586":30eba8wp said:
I am wondering if folks can come to this site and look at threads and posts without registering???? Just curious. I have a high school friend that is curious about the cattle biz, asks a million questions. Asked me about this site I "seem" to talk about a lot. I didn't know if that was possible.

To look - yes

To comment - no

Best to all

Bez

snake67":2qwtckgv said:
CKC1586":2qwtckgv said:

To look - yes

To comment - no

Best to all

Bez
Thanks!!! I thought maybe that was the deal.
Missed you Bez, glad you're back.

I would think almost everybody here was a lurker, then a member. I guess the exception would be the few members here that have been around since the inception.

I'm from KY so I don't enough to comment about anything . But I hope I'm learning some thing I got a bull and going to look at some goats really soon. :cboy:

I have noticed one that has registered and is online several times a week but hass never posted. I actually have thought about starting a post encouraging them to talk to us.

At the bottom of the main page it gives the number of guests on-line at the time.

denvermartinfarms":2rohd80u said:
I was on here almost daily for sevarel years before I joined.

I was too. But after having been a wallflower, and some say hermit most of my life, I thought wth and joined. I joined when I had what I thought to be an important question. Turns out it wasn't. But I have certainly enjoyed "meeting" most everybody here. The Lead Sled should be ready for the reunion tour in a couple weeks

I am on here almost daily.Most times at least twice. I may not post because what I would say has already been said or i don't know enough to make a comment.Also,my typing skills are very poor.

I am amazed at the people that post a few times, and never come back. This is a pretty good place to come hang out.

Bigfoot":2m0lpeoz said:
I am amazed at the people that post a few times, and never come back. This is a pretty good place to come hang out.

"At times" this can be a pretty rough place for newbies.

I also lurked here for several years before joining. I value my friendship with many of you(even Inyati)!
I have a constant need to learn....and this is a great place.
As a side note, I really enjoy everyone's pictures and I would post pictures of the cattle I deal in, but there are some here that tear others pics apart ..without taking a minute to think that all of our cattle don't have the exact same purpose.

Yea, there's alot of people here that must have 100% perfect herds. I can say for myself, that I'm not trying to win a beauty contest with my cattle, I'm trying to make a living. I have made alot of money over the years with less than perfect cattle. I also have alot of really good ones, but they don't all have to be.

denvermartinfarms":2lcmj8jk said:
Yea, there's alot of people here that must have 100% perfect herds. I can say for myself, that I'm not trying to win a beauty contest with my cattle, I'm trying to make a living. I have made alot of money over the years with less than perfect cattle. I also have alot of really good ones, but they don't all have to be.
Some of the best money makers I will have this year will be jersey steers delivered to the slaughterhouse. They sure aint pretty but the green will be.

Latest posts