lump under calf's ear

Help Support CattleToday:

D Land

Reaction score
I have an 8 month old calf which has developed a lump about 2 inches under her right ear. It's not general swelling, just a lump about twice the size of a golf ball. The calf eats/drinks fine, is active, not losing weight. Any ideas? Thanks.

D Land":35kiglk7 said:
I have an 8 month old calf which has developed a lump about 2 inches under her right ear. It's not general swelling, just a lump about twice the size of a golf ball. The calf eats/drinks fine, is active, not losing weight. Any ideas? Thanks.

Old line of thought on lumps:

If it's soft, stick a knife in it.

If it's hard, take him for a ride.

I was going to ask why you wanted to ride the calf, then it dawned, truck and trailer, tired, and right now, not the sharpest knife in the box LOL

D Land":2brkm48h said:

Is there hair missing from any place on the lump - especially in the center of it? Has it always been this size, or is it growing? Is it soft or hard? Movable or fixed? I agree with MikeC.

Latest posts