Lucky Friday

Help Support CattleToday:

MO_cows

Reaction score
I was running late this morning after getting held up by a train blocking the crossing and then a 40mph dump truck with too much oncoming traffic to pass him for a few miles. Finally got around him and was running about 78 in a 60 zone. Too late, I noticed a state trooper coming the other way. Sure nuff, he u-turned and came after me. Gave him my license and insurance card. He told me he stopped me for speed. I managed to refrain from saying, "Duh!" I apologized and told him I shoulda had the cruise control on. He took my stuff back to his car and was there for a loooooooong time. Just about fainted when he came back to my car with my stuff and told me to watch my speed and go on!!! That NEVER happens. Especially with a state trooper.

I dont think that would ever happen in Alabama unless you were related and I doubt even then. I recently was returning home from town and met a State Trooper, he turned around and pulled me over. He issued a ticket for not wearing a seat belt. Ten dollar fine so no big deal. I am still amazed that I was traveling approx. 50 mph and he was about the same speed. My pick-up is red with grey interior and tinted glass. I was wearing a grey sweat shirt. My point is grey, grey, grey through two tented windshields at 100 mph +. I have to nick name the Trooper "eagle eye".
~Tom

Believe it or not, I have been issued warnings when I was clearly in violation (the troopers radar said 82 and it was close to right.)
I'm not a young girl and I'm not even a handsome guy (unless you like Mike Rowe types) but I was respectful, I wasn't intoxicated, I produced all my documents quickly, and I smiled pleasantly.

I once got stopped for speeding on the edge of a small town on a Sunday morning and I had my daughter with me. We had been checking cows.
Anyway...the cop was about the same age as my girl. And the way she was laughing at me :mad: must have distracted him. My plates were 2 mos. expired. He wrote the expiration date on the ticket but he didn't realize that was an expired date. He gave me a warning for speeding. :banana: :banana: :banana:

john250":2low2m2t said:
Believe it or not, I have been issued warnings when I was clearly in violation (the troopers radar said 82 and it was close to right.)
I'm not a young girl and I'm not even a handsome guy (unless you like Mike Rowe types) but I was respectful, I wasn't intoxicated, I produced all my documents quickly, and I smiled pleasantly.

I once got stopped for speeding on the edge of a small town on a Sunday morning and I had my daughter with me. We had been checking cows.
Anyway...the cop was about the same age as my girl. And the way she was laughing at me :mad: must have distracted him. My plates were 2 mos. expired. He wrote the expiration date on the ticket but he didn't realize that was an expired date. He gave me a warning for speeding. :banana: :banana: :banana:
I got stopped several yrs ago for something minor I believe a brake light was out or something and the officer told me that my tags were expired by 11 months I said no I remember renewing them I got my registraton out and in the envelope with the insurance card and registration was the new stickers for my plates we both laughed about that one
I had just forgot to put them on

After about ten years of driving an eighteen wheeler,I discovered that arguing with a state trooper was just like throwing twenty dollar bills over in the ditch. The more you argue the more it costs you.
Between St Louis and Kansas City on I 70 I think all the troopers new me by first name. :lol:

Cal