Lquid nitrogen levels

Help Support CattleToday:

onecarl2002

Reaction score
My tank got down to two inches of liquid nitrogen before I caught it and got it refilled but I never opened it am I ok or do you guys think my straws were hurt.
thanks

onecarl2002":vj4220tp said:
My tank got down to two inches of liquid nitrogen before I caught it and got it refilled but I never opened it am I ok or do you guys think my straws were hurt.
thanks
Probably fine, but why not pull a straw and that it to make sure

2 inches is a lot. We usually refill at 7-10 cm. As long as there is still something to measure you shouldn't have anything to worry about. The vet can check a straw for peace of mind!

One of my Hereford bulls the polled one that I was going to get rid of anyway was weezing and breathing funny. I had the vet come out and she said it was pneumonia she give him a few shots and she said once he makes it past a couple of days it should be all clear. When is it ethically right to send a bull like this through the sale barn. Other than the pneumonia he has been a good bull and sound breeder just too much frame for me. I want to send him through and feel comfortable if anyone decided to pick him up and put in their pasture which I think may happen.

rabika":3eemfm6a said:
One of my Hereford bulls the polled one that I was going to get rid of anyway was weezing and breathing funny. I had the vet come out and she said it was pneumonia she give him a few shots and she said once he makes it past a couple of days it should be all clear. When is it ethically right to send a bull like this through the sale barn. Other than the pneumonia he has been a good bull and sound breeder just too much frame for me. I want to send him through and feel comfortable if anyone decided to pick him up and put in their pasture which I think may happen.
Wait until the with holding period from the shots then sell him. Some are only 3-4 days others are longer, as much as a month I think. If you don;t know what shot he got, ask your vet what the with holding period is

Latest posts