lowering standards

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard":16xdkm20 said:
Comparing the # of times something like this happens to the # of times anything else happens
(especially something completely unrelated) is just a diversion from the fact that it did happen.
+1 yep

On a positive note, yesterday morning on his way into work the St Paul chief of police Tim Axel responded to a call
about a women sitting on the Robert Street bridge threatening to jump into the Mississippi river. He was able to calm
her by just talking with her a short while and with the help of a 2nd officer grab her from behind off the wall ledge of
the bridge and take her for mental health treatment. Kind of a feel good police story for the day.

a kid called 911 several times and they couldn't understand him.

they knew kinda where he was at.. but was looking for a elderly person locked in car.. I guess this boy was trapped in a power fold seat crushing him in a van.

they never even got out of the cruisers to look.. the chief said "they figured they could cover more ground in the cruiser" huh?

sounds like laziness let the boy die.

ddd75":14tqtmgr said:

they knew kinda where he was at.. but was looking for a elderly person locked in car.. I guess this boy was trapped in a power fold seat crushing him in a van.

they never even got out of the cruisers to look.. the chief said "they figured they could cover more ground in the cruiser" huh?

That was on National News. The way it was presented on the NBC nightly news, it was more the fault of the dispatcher. The dispatcher presented it to the officers on duty as a "hoax". As I heard it, the police officers got a very sketchy report. That dispatcher needs a different assignment. Like filling out coloring books!

The little boy was calling 911 from his cell phone trapped in the van. He was very calm and said "I think I am going to die. Tell my mother, I love her."

His dad found him. Dead.

Bright Raven":1q74zp91 said:
ddd75":1q74zp91 said:

That was on National News. The way it was presented on the NBC nightly news, it was more the fault of the dispatcher. The dispatcher presented it to the officers on duty as a "hoax". As I heard it, the police officers got a very sketchy report. That dispatcher needs a different assignment. Like filling out coloring books!

The little boy was calling 911 from his cell phone trapped in the van. He was very calm and said "I think I am going to die. Tell my mother, I love her."

His dad found him. Dead.

This one brings tears to my eyes a bit. That poor dad. Words can't do it any justice.....

Bestoutwest":2eqx2new said:
Bright Raven":2eqx2new said:
ddd75":2eqx2new said:

His dad found him. Dead.

This one brings tears to my eyes a bit. That poor dad. Words can't do it any justice.....

It was the saddest story I have ever heard. The audio from the dispatch was played. The kid was extremely mature. I think so much so that the dispatch thought it was a hoax.

Latest posts