Lost Satalite

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Has anybody else lost their satalite signal and gotten," Loading Data, Please Wait...."?
We have DirectTV and the Phillips reciever. Called them and after about 3 tries finally got to the answering service and after 20 minutes on hold got through. Told me that it is affecting people with Hughes and Phillips recievers.

We had that problem with our Echo Star but they had actually shifted the satellites. We lost it all together shortly after and switched systems. Are they doing anything with their satellites?

Ours did that last evening. We have DirecTV with Hughes receiver. It said 'Updating Guide, Please Wait'. That lasted about 10 seconds, program came back on for about 5-10 seconds, then back to update for a minute or so, then back to program for a few seconds. Did this about 5 or 6 times over the course of about 5 minutes, hasn't done it since.

We have DirecTV and have found that when you get that message, it's a sign of bad weather coming.

Might not hold true for you, but when we have that problem, within 10 - 15 minutes, here comes the wind, clouds, rain, etc. Actually a good weather indicator......

In my part of the country the wind has alot to do with this. Yes I have gotten the message. Never can get any help form the provider.

If all else fails, hold your finger on the receiver on/off button for about 15 seconds and let it reboot itself. This seems to fix mine when all else fails.

we have dish and we were havn problems and they told us to turn off the unit each nite so it could download new info sent each morning around 3 am. might help

Will have to try that Jo.
We shut it off every night. No sense in having it on when no one is watching it.
Been off since Friday and husband is having fits and bugging me about it.
Had that big storm system go north and south of us. Barometer dropped to 28.85
Will call them again Monday.

I luv herfrds":36u0vyu4 said:
Thanks Jo, it worked. Just didn't tell the husband though. :lol:

Meanie! You and I think alike... 8) :mrgreen:

Latest posts