Lost Nerve Update

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Finally got my nerve up today. Caught my son's horse, he hasn't been riden in awhile. Got him all tacked out and could feel my heart just racing. Yes I was scared.
Took him into the corral. Got him up against the fence and stepped up.
Wow I forgot how great it was sitting up there.
Rode him around working on his neck reining and riding among the steers.
Rode for about 30-45 minutes. He did a couple of crowhops after I got more of my nerve back.
Will continue to ride him and build my confidence back up.

Both kids rode him after I did. No amount of money could buy this horse.
Couldn't believe he didn't act up. I know he knew I was scared.

My green horse is going to the trainer next spring. Made arrangements already.

Good for you(smile)
Keep at it.
Glad your taking your other colt to a trainer.

I luv herfrds":1qksjmxt said:
Finally got my nerve up today. Caught my son's horse, he hasn't been riden in awhile. Got him all tacked out and could feel my heart just racing. Yes I was scared.
Took him into the corral. Got him up against the fence and stepped up.
Wow I forgot how great it was sitting up there.
Rode him around working on his neck reining and riding among the steers.
Rode for about 30-45 minutes. He did a couple of crowhops after I got more of my nerve back.
Will continue to ride him and build my confidence back up.

:clap: :clap: Good for you! You go girl! :D Yep, there are very few things that beat horseback riding. ;-)

:D It does feel great to get back into the saddle after a long absence. I feel sorry for those people who aren't able to experience horses on a daily basis like we can. I would much rather do anything around the ranch on horse back compared to a 4 wheeler or tractor.

ArrowHBrand":i8b0aifw said:
:D It does feel great to get back into the saddle after a long absence. I feel sorry for those people who aren't able to experience horses on a daily basis like we can. I would much rather do anything around the ranch on horse back compared to a 4 wheeler or tractor.

I feel sorry for them to. I dont even know how to describe it. Dont know how I could put the feeling of a good horse under me in a way they could comprehend.

Latest posts