lost my turkeys

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338

Reaction score
well i lost 4 blue slate turkeys at once.they frreerange an always stay close to the house.if they roam its in the pastures close to the house.but mostly they stay here at the house messing on the driveway an sidewalk an porch.well they dissappeared sometime sat morning.so dont know if they wondered off an got lost.or if a vermitt managed to hemm them up an kill them or if a 2 legged vermitt took them off.im betting they got lost but dont know.so the whole thing is strange since theres no feathers or signs of them at all.

bigbull338":3bm3idh8 said:
well i lost 4 blue slate turkeys at once.they frreerange an always stay close to the house.if they roam its in the pastures close to the house.but mostly they stay here at the house messing on the driveway an sidewalk an porch.well they dissappeared sometime sat morning.so dont know if they wondered off an got lost.or if a vermitt managed to hemm them up an kill them or if a 2 legged vermitt took them off.im betting they got lost but dont know.so the whole thing is strange since theres no feathers or signs of them at all.

Hey BigBull I think they came to Alabama, because I hit one friday morning with my truck. It knocked out the headlight and not only bent the hood, it put a gash in it. It was a larg hen. I stop and checked on things and realized that I must have it her so hard that I knocked her egg out of her! I have alway wanted to kill a turkey just not that way! :shock:

2 toms an 2 hens are gone.an i have a hen still setting.unless 1 hen is hen hid setting where i cant find her.

bigbull338":o90pxzpz said:
unless 1 hen is hen hid setting where i cant find her.
I have sure had mine do that ~ hide where I cannot find them. Is way too bad about your turkeys. I hate conspiracy theories, and normally would be the last to suggest ~ but is it possible someone took them? The only reason I suggest, is because few things are prettier than a full size blue slate. Toms and hens both are gorgeous.

Coyotes will haul it quite aways before eating... they took a tom from us last year (my fault for not shuffling them into their pen inside the barn that night... a few months later I found a bunch of his feathers about 30 acres from the barn. :cry2: He was the bigger tom... the other one turned out to be 41# and was really tasty, we had him smoked.

i hate it like ripp that i lost 4 in 1 big kick.but theres nothing i can do about it.they got to big tobe driven to a coop at nite so i just gave up.an turkeys need tobe out where they came roam.an be seen.my bro is so upset that he is walking the neighbors 80ac pasture accross the road.an he is looking for feathers or any sign of them.

Latest posts