Looking For Cattle Grants

Help Support CattleToday:

MikeC

Reaction score
Rowdy":3a0mk4dg said:
Hi Iam looking for some help. I am trying to see if anyone out there knows where I can find grants to buy cattle. I am in Texas :cboy: Has anyone heard of any type of program like that? or know some one that likes to help people out starting in the cattle business?

Thanks

Grants or loans? Never heard of a cattle "grant".

by Medic24 on Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:28 am

Actually there are in fact some grants available through the Golden Leaf Foundation, that is money from the tobacco lawsuit/buyout.

We have had several farmers in the area get small grants to either start or add to the herds they already had. As well as other projects.

But like most goverment sponsored programs....they now "own" you. These farmers are constantly complaining about the paperwork, and inspections they have to go through. Not to mention, the 'little' civil service workers constantly bringing the 'bigger'civil service workers around to see what they have done with the money, and I can only assume to justify their own jobs.

So you if you can stand the goverment knowing ALL about your business, and you have a desire to see them regularly.... go for it....
I am poor, but yet I am rich, fore I till the soil......naw....... who am I fooling? I am just plain dirt poor!
Medic24
GURU

Private messageE-mailMSNM/WLM

This has to be a joke right our tax dollars to fund buying cattle to put in someone else's pasture.
Why don't they just rob us at gunpoint.
I would like a grant for about 500 gallons of diesel that would make Old Belle a lot prettier.

Latest posts