Looking for a Tire coating product

Help Support CattleToday:

Daybreak

Reaction score
Howdy,
What would be the best thing to use on implement tires..? I have a few things that do more sitting than working for years.. I am looking for something to coat the tires. Trying to keep the weather rot away :)

I have heard petroleum products can do more harm than good. (vaseline)

The best thing you can do is keep the tires shaded. You can probably make something to shade them or they sell tire covers that you can purchase from an RV store for motorhomes.

I put some chunks of 2x8's under the tires to keep them out of the dirt/moisture and then keep them shaded (either in a barn or with a tarp or something).

Water and UV rays from the sun are what kill tires.

Tires are going to dry rot in the sun or shade. It just takes a lot longer in the shade. My poor old equipment tires are all cracked up but then my equipment is really old. When they start to leak I just put tubes in them.

This may sound stupid but find an older tire that is slightly larger and no longer holds air cut it in half and place the cut half over the tire you are trying to make last longer. Our stuff never sits long enough in one spot to use this method but my grandpa always did it. Tires lasted a long time for him.

Latest posts