Looking better

Help Support CattleToday:

flaboy

Reaction score
We finally got a sprinkle at the farm Sun and Monday. Things are starting to look up. Decent chances of rain all week. I was looking at the hay fields this weekend and right now could cut them with a decent size lawn mower. :frowns: If we can get some decent rains routinely it will jump though.

I'm glad a lot of folks on here are cutting already. Good luck.

I'm glad you are finally getting some rain. I plan to start cutting again this afternoon. i got about 50 rolls off of a field 2 weeks ago, not the best in the west but will beat a snowball and it's letting the good grass come on now. I'm going to have to put a saddle on my tractor if I want to get any riding done it looks like. No complaints though......

rc":1po9wwml said:
I'm glad you are finally getting some rain. I plan to start cutting again this afternoon. i got about 50 rolls off of a field 2 weeks ago, not the best in the west but will beat a snowball and it's letting the good grass come on now. I'm going to have to put a saddle on my tractor if I want to get any riding done it looks like. No complaints though......

Heck RC, that's about all I have been doing is fixing fence and riding. Can't cut not hay when it won't grow.

Seems like you were going to send me some pics of a new style halter you are building or am I dizzy?

I was and will. Sometimer's get's the best of me quite frequently. I will try to remember to take the camera home and get some shots.

Flaboy
Would you believe all that rain that was around and not one drop came down Southwest of you. I pulled up the radar since I live 45 miles from the cows and watched the rain keep going around my place. I even put out more hay on Thursday. Hopefully we get some rain this week. I did notice a lot of lightning near your place and I hope it did not hit your bed and breakfast since this is the height of your business. :banana: My other ranches in Sumter County did get some rain but we run most of our cattle on the Lake County ranch.

Central Fl Cracker":3w1fyfjt said:
Flaboy
Would you believe all that rain that was around and not one drop came down Southwest of you. I pulled up the radar since I live 45 miles from the cows and watched the rain keep going around my place. I even put out more hay on Thursday. Hopefully we get some rain this week. I did notice a lot of lightning near your place and I hope it did not hit your bed and breakfast since this is the height of your business. :banana: My other ranches in Sumter County did get some rain but we run most of our cattle on the Lake County ranch.

Yeah, lots of lightening but very little rain. I am hoping the conditions are changing and will become wetter.

At the rate the Stock Trailer Hotel is filling up I might just have to add an addition to it. :lol2:

Quote "At the rate the Stock Trailer Hotel is filling up I might just have to add an addition to it."

I have some cattle panels that you can use for your expansion. The Carpet Baggers from up North should love them. :banana:

Central Fl Cracker":2jc8zjg5 said:
I have some cattle panels that you can use for your expansion. The Carpet Baggers from up North should love them. :banana:

Yeah, I can just tell them it is the balcony. :D

2 inches yesterday..almost lookin like a normal summer pattern. can tell the time by the rain guage...that would be so nice..