Looking at a used Mahindra 6610

Help Support CattleToday:

spartacus

Reaction score
2013 with just under 1500 hrs

Anyone have experience with these? Reliable?
Costly to maintain? Pretty strong for size?
AC system reliable?

Thanks and God bless

No first hand experience and hate to knock anything.. A neighbor bought a new Mahindra last year (cab, loader 4wd) and it stayed in the shop about all summer with transmission problems that started at 110 hours and they take care of their equipment (jumping out of gear) They traded it for a 75hp NH. From talking with people that have them as a few have been sold around here it is about 50/50 like/dislike (flip a coin). IMO it would have to be a heck of a deal before I bought as the neighbor like to have never found another dealer that would even take it on trade. Also talking with the mechanics at one dealer about all they would say about them was when they come in with problems they were deep. There will be some along say they are the best tractor they ever had also.

Yeah that's my fear. $20k for a 7 yr old 60hp cab tractor isn't a bad deal, but I am nervous. I really was hoping to find a good Kioti or LS deal since they seem to be a great bang for buck and reliable from what I've heard. I have heard mixed things on Mahindra as well so I'm a little nervous

spartacus said:
Yeah that's my fear. $20k for a 7 yr old 60hp cab tractor isn't a bad deal, but I am nervous. I really was hoping to find a good Kioti or LS deal since they seem to be a great bang for buck and reliable from what I've heard. I have heard mixed things on Mahindra as well so I'm a little nervous
The same neighbor has a 55hp Kioti DK55 (cab, loader, 4wd) they have had good luck with. They just wish they had got the DK65 instead as a little bigger tractor.

I know two people with them, and both hate them, one can't find anyone to take his. Thats my only experience with them.

I can't help you on the Mahindra but a Kioti DK65 is a great tractor. They however have horrible dealer support so you need a good freelance mechanic or need to be a good mechanic yourself. Also parts tend to take awhile to get so be prepared and they are pricey. A real shame because they are one of the better designed nice to run tractors you will ever sit in and very well built. But their dealers/ product support SUCKS!!!

My fear would be Mahindra would be in the same boat. Don't know anything about an LS.

jltrent said:
spartacus said:
The same neighbor has a 55hp Kioti DK55 (cab, loader, 4wd) they have had good luck with. They just wish they had got the DK65 instead as a little bigger tractor.

Did the neighbor get the Kioti at Greene's?

sstterry said:
jltrent said:
spartacus said:

Did the neighbor get the Kioti at Greene's?
Yes, it has been a few years ago as the son bought a Kubota M6800 from Lawson's and the father bought the Kioti DK55 from Greene's at the same time. The Kubota will handle their disc-mower (Kubota 8' same as a Vicon) and the Kioti does not as they wish they had gotten the DK65, which I think they don't make now. They have had no problems with the Kioti which is 4x4, cab, loader equip. The same people have 12 tractors lol as the son looks at tractors like money in the bank. They just traded the Mahindra in on a 75hp NH at Cox's and I will go by and check it out sometime. He will give me a good opinion on the NH by then... lol. The guy knows machinery.

Latest posts