LONGHORN OR CORRIENTE?

Help Support CattleToday:

Y??? Because u can buy LH'S for alot less than other cattle.i cant really pay $1,500 + for replacements.thats y i am considering buying some LH'S and put my saler bull on them.

Longhorn hands down because most corriente are smaller and slower growing to my knowledge thats why they are roping cattle. not to mention they are a little more high strung than most longhorns. All i know is i am sure you have a good saler bull for temperment wise but with that cross i am willing to bet you will have a very athletic cow. i am sure she would be long lived probably put some more size to the longhorn but wont add as much but as say a gelbvieh or lim or etc etc. but she sure would be able to calve out a tank when she turned 4. only thing is if i was to save them back i would make sure i had 6 foot corrals or a fast horse and a long rope just cause heifers tend to be jumpy anyway and like i said the cross would be very athletic.

Question quick did you ever see how those pied sired calves out of longhorns turned out?

yea i seen some of the calves and the pied bull sure helped alot with muscling.i could x that with some LH'S too.

Latest posts