Long weekend?

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
With Thanksgiving tomorrow have some of you managed to take Friday off and make it a long weekend? I will be at the grindstone :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .

alisonb":nw8uspbo said:
No, but we have about 100 other holidays, very productive ;-) . Enjoy your weekend :D .
Don't guess you need a hired hand to work those other 100 days per year.

TexasBred":8tertcvl said:
Don't guess you need a hired hand to work those other 100 days per year.
I will be hiring but be warned, I'm a proper taskmaster :p .

Here's something on our labour in SA (I think Knersie may farm somewhere down there :D ) -

The South African Department of Labour claimed a small Robertson farmer was not paying proper wages to his help and sent an agent out to investigate him.

Department of Labor Employee: "I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them."

Farmer: "Well, there's my farm hand who's been with me for 30 years. I pay him R1 400 a week plus free room and board."

"Then there's the mentally challenged worker. He works about 18 hours a day, seven days a week and does about 90% of all the work around here. He makes about R100 per week, pays his own room and board, and I buy him a bottle of brandy every Saturday night so he can cope with life. He also sleeps with my wife occasionally."

Department of Labor Employee: "That's the guy I want to talk to...the mentally challenged one."

Farmer: "That would be me."