Locker Plant Fire?

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
The local locker plant burned last weekend. The grease fire went on for two days, and our freezer beeves were part of it. What kind of insurance would cover something like this?

This must happen fairly often. Heard of one fire that blew up a propane tank and the fella said it rained boston buts for a few seconds. Hope everything works out for you.

Inventory or contents coverage on their fire policy should provide coverage. Hope they have high enough coverage limits to cover everyone.

Got a letter today that our grass fed "roast" beef should be worth $ 1162.50 per head but "the policy limits do not appear to be sufficient to pay the full value of each of the customer's claims." :eek:

Determining the pro rated value is going to on for several more months, and then you can try to recover the remainder from your property insurer...

Just curious what a locker plant is ?
Sounds like somewhere you send your beef but how many and why?

Roger dee , abbatoir it is, but for a single beast you must pick up the carcass in your car usually . I had one on the back seat but at least they let you hang it for 10 days or so . Other one we have here is mobile butchers that come kill and hang in a portable chiller near your house for about 6 days and then come out and cut it up . We pack it in freezer bags.

Last guy I had didn´t have a clue where to shoot it and we ate boot leather for 6 months. Was told later to draw a cross from each ear to the opposite eye and aim about an inch higher than where the lines cross. I´ve got a skull put aside for him for the next one . Remarkable how high up the brain cavity is.

Thanks

Latest posts