Locked thread

Help Support CattleToday:

lavacarancher

Reaction score
Don't know who the mod was that locked the thread but PM me if you don't mind. I really didn't think it would fly, I just wanted to know if I had edited the article to take out some of the more rational statements would it have stayed for discussion?

Thanks.

lavacarancher":3r8js9ju said:
Don't know who the mod was that locked the thread but PM me if you don't mind. I really didn't think it would fly, I just wanted to know if I had edited the article to take out some of the more rational statements would it have stayed for discussion?

Thanks.

Lava, nothing wrong with sending up a test balloon. No harm done. That is the way experiments work.

I would like to know how the greatest military mind of the 20th century would handle that problem today. We will never know but I am confident
Patton could have solved it a politically incorrect way.
We are talking about lavaca's thread?

Caustic Burno":ts1abc7r said:
I would like to know how the greatest military mind of the 20th century would handle that problem today. We will never know but I am confident
Patton could have solved it a politically incorrect way.
We are talking about lavaca's thread?

Yes we are. :)

Hippie Rancher":37q0hxsg said:

No politics at all in the thread, just factual history. That's what I was trying to find out from whomever locked the thread - what statement was considered to be political and how could it have been phrased differently to remain active.

lavacarancher":aj380s3b said:
Hippie Rancher":aj380s3b said:
seems to me your answer is here - viewtopic.php?f=23&t=39359

No politics at all in the thread, just factual history. That's what I was trying to find out from whomever locked the thread - what statement was considered to be political and how could it have been phrased differently to remain active.

"No Advertising, No Discussion of Politics or Religion!"

:hat:

Usually the last posts you see aren;t they reason for locking a thread. The post that got it locked is normally deleted.

Hippie Rancher":qmls3zlz said:
lavacarancher":qmls3zlz said:
Hippie Rancher":qmls3zlz said:

OK, thanks, Hippie. No need to shout. That's what I wanted to know! I lost sight of the fact that some people consider these thugs to be religious zealots and not murders. I suppose that a discussion on the crusades would be out of line right now?

lavacarancher":3vxxr3mr said:
Hippie Rancher":3vxxr3mr said:
lavacarancher":3vxxr3mr said:

OK, thanks, Hippie. No need to shout. That's what I wanted to know! I lost sight of the fact that some people consider these thugs to be religious zealots and not murders. I suppose that a discussion on the crusades would be out of line right now?

Lava, do you think a historical objective discussion of the crusades could occur here. No. Within 5 posts of the original post someone would be making it a personal treatise on their religious beliefs. It is the nature of the beast. History is one of the most difficult subjects to present unbiased. The initial post on the Crusades might be ok but from there, it would get lost in the weeds.

jedstivers":3osmpxmh said:
Some truth isn't allowed here.

Who gets to adjudicate? One man's truth is another man's lie.

Many hold their opinions as if they are sacred truths. Science/math is founded on a method of approaching the "truth". In science there is the scientific method that provides the basis for research. In math there are "proofs". One plus one equals two. Is that a truth?

All fireman are heroes. Is that a truth?

TennesseeTuxedo":cv6o4bjj said:
Muslem terrorists are noble freedom fighters.

Fact or fiction?

Muslim/Islamic terrorist are a very broad group. Which group are you referring to?

Islamic terrorism is, by definition, terrorist acts committed by Muslim groups or individuals who profess Islamic or Islamist motivations or goals.

The international list of groups that fit this definition goes into the hundreds. A minority of those groups have goals consistent with those of the United States.

Latest posts