Local semen distributor?????

Help Support CattleToday:

DPANTOJA

Reaction score
I am looking into starting AI some cows but need some information. Does anyone know of a local semen distributor in Phoenix AZ, or do most people do the shipping process.
Thanks for the information

However does the AI or whatever school you attend to learn to AI should be able to help you out

I have a neighbor that is going to help me A.I 6 cows that used to work for a dairy farm. He told me to buy the semen but the price of shipping is no less than $150 + semen. I am trying to make this affordable because my wife just had are first baby. My neighbor also has a container that we are storing the semen in.
Thanks

Look on the net for ABS, Select Sires, should have a link to someone close to you. I'm in Oregon, Reed charged me $60 shipping, but I have picked up some semen at breed association sales, and from local ABS and All West Select Sires reps, no shipping. Local ranches may have some semen on stock to sell.

Good Luck,
Alan

DPANTOJA":213vbdij said:
I have a neighbor that is going to help me A.I 6 cows that used to work for a dairy farm. He told me to buy the semen but the price of shipping is no less than $150 + semen. I am trying to make this affordable because my wife just had are first baby. My neighbor also has a container that we are storing the semen in.
Thanks

Has he kept the tank charged? If not I would charge it at least a month before I expected to recv and semen. If he has kept it charged, who filled it?
You can contact absoglobal.com, selectsires.com crinet.com to see if they have reps that service your area. If there are any dairys around check with them too

Latest posts