Local salebarn sold

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
It wasn;t for sale, but the Lebanon, MO salebarn has been sold. They got an offer that was just too good to refuse. Sucks for us that have come to really trust the way that barn has been run since the new owners took over a couple of years ago.

jedstivers":221l1cuy said:
Who bought it?
Some group of people that go together. Not sure who all it is. Talked to the state vet that knows all of the partys that may be involved and he says if it's some that he has heard about it will be a lot worse, if it's some of the others it could go wither way. It's going to be a wait and see deal till the first of april
I'm partial to the seller, he's bought herd bulls from us and replacement cows from us for his own herd.

From what I've heard the current owners had really turned the Lebanon barn around. Their sellers charge was dang cheap too. I'll see what the talk is at Salem today.

J&D Cattle":21dl0sxw said:
From what I've heard the current owners had really turned the Lebanon barn around. Their sellers charge was dang cheap too. I'll see what the talk is at Salem today.
In casual conversation I had heard the same thing. Andy had basicly reversed 25 years of poor management and shenanigans. He was even starting to get the pot load buyers to come in.

Dun I talked to some guys today that know the new owner they think there will be more cattle run thru that place then ever

denvermartinfarms":23to6d07 said:
TB521":23to6d07 said:
Dun I talked to some guys today that know the new owner they think there will be more cattle run thru that place then ever
I don't think there's any question of that.
But who will the cattle belong to?

dun":16t4qd7i said:
denvermartinfarms":16t4qd7i said:
TB521":16t4qd7i said:
I don't think there's any question of that.
But who will the cattle belong to?
There's a lot of cattle from that area sold in Buffalo they said he would get most of them

I was told that the new owners were closing yesterday. One is a man named Daniel that bought a lot at Farmington, Bred cows, pairs, calves ,bulls, just the whole gamut. Was from down around you, Dun. At least towards the middle west to west side of the state. Other partner is one of the Cox brothers that own the Urbana sale. Information talked about at Farmington sale because they said they will sure miss him buying there.