Local High School Kid Killed

Help Support CattleToday:

ffamom

Reaction score
A local kid was died from a baseball hitting him in the back of the head while warming up for a game. One of his best friends hit the ball that hit him in the head. I just imagine the feeling of guilt this teenager is experiencing or the sadness the family is enduring.

The worst part of this whole accident is that this was preventable. One of the safety nets was missing from the batting cage area.

Life can really stink sometimes.

One time a neighbor and I were watching our daughters in a track meet. We were standing along side the track BS'ing waiting for the next race. I heard people yelling look out. I looked up and down the track and no one was coming. About then there was a loud smack. My neighbor dropped like he had been hit with a hammer. There was a baseball game going on behind us. We were over 350 feet from home plate. Some high school kid hit a home run that hit my neighbor in the back of the head. It gave him a pretty good concussion.

man, that sucks. had a couple of boys die here a year ago. decided to jump the highway and try to beat the semi to do it. yeah you can kinda guess what happened next. luckily i didnt know them very well. but the school was a wreck the next day because here everybody knows everybody.

at the begining of this school year a student died during lunch( we have an hour for off campus lunch) He was driving back to school and was hit by some idoit trying to race him, his car spun into a telephone pole and he died, His friend was in the car also, he lived but I am not sure if he has come back to school yet. Lots of people saw the accident since everyone was headed back to school. I can't imagine what that was like, I was at the Heart Of Texas show when it happened