local farmer

Help Support CattleToday:

brierpatch1974

Reaction score
Met a guy today at the feed store and after talking to him a bit he is breeding a Brahman bull to Charolais and Limousin's. Just curious on what you guys think these croses will be like? This is his first year trying this he was breeding Dexters but has switched breeds. Just thought I would run this one out there and see some opinions.

BP

We started to breed brahman/hereford F1s until the drought last year and we had some limousin with them. We kept both heifer calves we got and the young limo cow for breeding. They are a great cross so far. The twelve month old brahman/limousin heifer was as big as my 17 month old angus/herefords we retained. We have had two hit the ground and I consider both to be the best looking cattle we have had in the lasst 4 years with this certain set of cows. We plan to breed them to black limousin bulls for big muscled black calves.

Ear in WV? Is the guy breeding bucking bulls? I bet that composite takes a serious hit in a WV sale barn :shock:

brierpatch1974 said:
Met a guy today at the feed store and after talking to him a bit he is breeding a Brahman bull to Charolais and Limousin's. Just curious on what you guys think these croses will be like? This is his first year trying this he was breeding Dexters but has switched breeds. Just thought I would run this one out there and see some opinions.

I'd ask him what's a brahman bull doing that far north?

I can see raising Brahmans in the far South but that ear up North would cost you 100$ a head.

mnmt

Latest posts