liquid fertilier

Help Support CattleToday:

farmerjohn

Reaction score
Since ammonium nitrate is getting so expensive I am going to try liquid fertilizer UAN.
What formulations does it come in?
Do you mix it with water or is it already mixed when you pick it up from the coop?
How do you calculate lbs/acre using liquid? For example if I want 100 lbs of actual N, how much would I apply per acre.

I know where you are coming from. Looked into it myself a while back but couldn't make it work. In my area, you need a bulk storage tank on your place so you can buy a load during the off season plus a good pull behind applicator with a foam marker on it to be efficient. All these put it out of my reach. Here, buying it from the coop during the summer doesn't save too much more than the application fee. Its a shame. Used to the dealers would give you a bulk tank if you bought from them and there was quite a difference in the price.

32-0-0, 28-0-0-5, and 26-0-0-10 are comon. This time of year for preplant they make 10-24. 32-0-0 is one of the most popular. If memory serves one pound of 32 is 32 units. I will check.

32% = 32#N/100# of product

The same ratio for 28% or any of the other UAN's. On my pastures I use 32% at 10g/a and cut it with 10g of water per acre. I also apply my herbicide at the same time.

Someone told me you don't spray liquid N on the grass, but dribble it on in rows to reduce evaporative loss. Is this correct? Also that you need a stainless steel tank, not the usual spray tanks material?

Billy

Dribble on N would conetrate the N in to narrow of a spot. Yes it will volaitize when the sun is out or if it is hot. I try to spray mine right before a rain.

Angus Guy":3lnejdli said:
32% = 32#N/100# of product

The same ratio for 28% or any of the other UAN's. On my pastures I use 32% at 10g/a and cut it with 10g of water per acre. I also apply my herbicide at the same time.

What does the 32% weigh per gallon? In other words, with you example above, how much N are you applying?

Thats right. My mistake. When we apply it it is usually cultered in or chemigated through the water.

Latest posts