Limping Cows

Help Support CattleToday:

Hondac

Reaction score
Checking my cattle over the weekend and noticed that I have 3 cows which have a noticeable limp in a rear leg. Any ideas as to what may be going on? I haven't had this problem before.

Fescue foot would be remove them from any fescue pastures, foot rot would be cleaning the foot and a shot of Excenel or one of the more powerful antibiotics.

dun":40esgj0k said:
Fescue foot would be remove them from any fescue pastures, foot rot would be cleaning the foot and a shot of Excenel or one of the more powerful antibiotics.
Thanks. Cattle are on fescue and clover pastures and have been for 7 years. Will get them up this week and attempt to treat them.

Hondac":e7h0uf10 said:
dun":e7h0uf10 said:
Thanks. Cattle are on fescue and clover pastures and have been for 7 years. Will get them up this week and attempt to treat them.
With the clover diluting the fescue it sounds more like foot rot to me. The longer you wait to treat it the more chance there is that it will get into the joint capsule and you'll never get rid of it permanently after that (voice of experience)

Latest posts